An article on Airbnb’s outsourcing of CS

An article on Airbnb’s outsourcing of CS

Does this explain the horrendous deterioration in customer service?

https://www.propublica.org/article/meet-the-customer-service-reps-for-disney-and-airbnb-who-have-to-...

21 Replies 21

Wow!! That article about Arise totally explains the truly HORRIFIC customer service from AirBnB now! The more I learn about how this company does business, the less I like it.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @William1246

I share your concern but wonder if we can avoid  buying into this front-line exploitation perhaps?

I would prefer to wait for attention over an issue.... eg by just posting a request for assistance and waiting til the next day for an informed  response. I have ultimately been pleased with some thoughtful resolutions recently... and pleasantly surprised. 

Could we indicate a lack of desire for instantaneous responses? Would this reduce the use of less than secure employment. What gestures can we make as drivers of the business of Airbnb wishing for its continued success?

Rafael236
Level 2
La Romana, Dominican Republic

It´s ironic that I read these conversations about Airbnb customer service. I want to know if Airbnb outsources their customer services to a third party. I have a Language institute in the DR and am considering converting the space into a call center. Due to the Pandemic and social distancing business is not as it was before the pandemic. I have gone virtual with the classes, but want to take advantage of the space and bilingual labor force I have available.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Christine615 

Thank you so much for this article and, like you, I wish to say not in my name and how can we rework this? What about the prospect of self-servicing? 

I've come across some great Host Agents ... I would be willing to play my part.

Rafael236
Level 2
La Romana, Dominican Republic

Hello Mary, were you responding to my article?

Marie-L249
Level 3
Florida, United States

Thank you so much for this article. I can't really remember the last time I was so completely frustrated with any company.

Kamilah6
Level 2
New York, NY

So terrible ! I’ve been waiting days for a resolution!!!!