Are there any WIFI enabled external key lock box (with key pad to unlock)?

Answered!
Matthew---Stay-Central0
Level 2
Bridgend, United Kingdom

Are there any WIFI enabled external key lock box (with key pad to unlock)?

Are there any recommended key lock boxes that you can mount securely to a brick wall that can link to your WIFI to allow remote change of the key box code so that you can change codes after each guest has left remotely? 

1 Best Answer
Spirit9
Level 2
New York, NY

First choice is always the Schlage Encode hardware on your door. The app works perfectly remotely and syncs with Airbnb to generate and send unique codes to each booking with 3p app RemoteLock. 

Second choice is the ONLY wifi remote access  lockbox I know of -  the one from LOQRON on Amazon. You have to plug in a little gateway device but once you do, you can actually open the box yourself from anywhere in the world. When I see a delivery person on the ring camera, instead of telling them the code to open the box. I open it for them and watch them put the package inside and key back in the box. Now they don’t have to have a code or figure out how to enter it.  You can also generate new codes from anywhere and they’ll update the box.  Bluetooth is pointless. I need a lockbox I can control when I’m NOT in Bluetooth range, duh.    

IMG_2401.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49

Hello, I'm interested in the Masterlock Bluetooth enabled Lockbox but there seems to be conflicting information. Can you send a temporary code to a guest to access the box when it is in another country? My holiday home is abroad and I want to be able to send temporary codes to guests to access the keys and I don't have Wifi over there. Will Masterlock Lockbox do this?

Zane89
Level 2
Bundaberg West, Australia

So from my understanding, the Lockbox itself has an algorithm that changes the code automatically at 4 am, 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm, 8 pm & 12 am. Once you have set up your account you can "generate" the code from your app remotely. The annoying part is if you have a guest whose ETA is between 3-5, that means you would have to give them 2 codes because there will be a code that works 12-4 then it will change to a different code for 4-8.

To oversimplify, it has a list of codes built-in that it changes every 4 hours, but the app can look up and tell you what code will work at that time, but you can't set or change what the code is or what time it will be active for.

Trajche0
Level 1
Bitola, Macedonia

Dear

I would like to have a box for a 🔑 key storage.

The Box to be connected to a wifi ( wireless) connection in order so i can change the Code/ combination whenever I need remotely through the wifi connection.

In my case the box can be power with electricity it doesn't need to be on a battery...

thanks in advance for helping

Fadi23
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

You can try BuzzerBoy AI 

Our clients use the Danalock lock + Danapad + Danabridge = full package for Airbnb business.

Features: Easy to install, support 20 different PIN codes, create/change/management PIN codes with Danabridge remotely.

Cindi3
Level 3
Sun Valley, ID

Why are people still using keys when they can so easily be copied?  It seems like a huge security risk.  I only provide electronic lock door codes, which I disable after each guest checks out.  

@Cindi3 What brand is that? How does it work? Does it require any box, handle? 

Replying to old thread, but in case someone like me finds this - one reason some people use a key is because they have antique doors with mortise locks, and modern electronic mortise locks are usually expensive, commercial products with a slim chance of being the right size to replace an old mortise lock, or a slim chance of working with the existing mortise. If I drill and install a new second deadbolt in the door, I can use convential smart locks. Or I can buy a new door. I would rather not pursue those options just yet. 

If you reside in and apartment/condo in Canada, most often you have to use whatever entry system (key, key fob, etc...) that the condo board allows. Most often the condo board owns the outside of your door, so you can't change the door handle/key entry to a smart device to change our entry codes at will. A external lockbox is required and often allowed to allow clients access to your keys/key fob.

Bradley127
Level 1
Cohuna, Australia

I just got the Populife and like what I see. Cheapest place to get it is directly from them. The lockbox is bluetooth only so your phone has to be close to it to program it. But they have a bluetooth gateway that will pair with your wifi so you can operate it remotely. The gateway need power and needs to be very close to the lockbox. I mounted it in a 2 gang light switch box in the wall with a blank faceplate over it. Gateway sits inside the condo wall and lockbox is right outside on the wall. I also programmed 10 permanent codes just in case I need to give someone a hard code to open the box and will only use these codes 1 time before I delete them. So I have the option to open it remotely or give them a hard code. I can also send them a bluetooth code but think they need to the app to do that.

Overall I like this option for me, gives me the most flexibility and the box seems to be built like a tank.

Pascal1252
Level 2
El Portal, FL

I don't know about a Wifi enabled lockbox, but we do the exact same thing with a smart lock. It is connected to the alarm system in the property and we program a unique code for each guest that is activated at their check-in time and stops working at 11 am on the day of checkout. The code unlocks the door and disarms the alarm. Guests like it a lot. 

Gerald556
Level 1
Mandeure, France

Hi to all, we own several flats on AirBnB and we use Simons Voss electronic keys. In fact you don't need anymore key to open the door, you have to change the existing cylinder and have several ways to open it: with a small chip, remotely by internet, with a pin pad that you can put close to the cylinder. 

Consider this, it's German, reliable, probably more expensive than the keylock boxes but it's worth the money and a good investment we made.

https://www.simons-voss.com/en/products/mobile-key.html

Sebastian1068
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Any advances on this? I want a lockbox that allows offline generation of codes, but will also keep me notified through the activity logs everytime someone accesses the lockbox (I need to be able to do this remotely as I will be in a different country). The Igloohome 3 achieves the first part, but it only shows when someone accesses it via Bluetooth keys, not pin codes (it requires being within Bluetooth range of the box yourself to update pin code unlocks to the activity logs). Obviously, if it had WiFi it would be able to upload this information remotely, so I guess what I'm looking for is a keysafe that can work offline, but also has WiFi. Is there anything like this available? 

I haven't purchased one yet,  but I'm looking at the Igloohome Keybox 3 Smart Bluetooth Key Safe. I know someone who used one recently at an Airbnb,  and they said it was great and really

Screenshot_20230607_131003_Chrome.jpg

easy to use.