Are there any WIFI enabled external key lock box (with key pad to unlock)?

Answered!
Matthew---Stay-Central0
Level 2
Bridgend, United Kingdom

Are there any WIFI enabled external key lock box (with key pad to unlock)?

Are there any recommended key lock boxes that you can mount securely to a brick wall that can link to your WIFI to allow remote change of the key box code so that you can change codes after each guest has left remotely? 

1 Best Answer
Spirit9
Level 2
New York, NY

First choice is always the Schlage Encode hardware on your door. The app works perfectly remotely and syncs with Airbnb to generate and send unique codes to each booking with 3p app RemoteLock. 

Second choice is the ONLY wifi remote access  lockbox I know of -  the one from LOQRON on Amazon. You have to plug in a little gateway device but once you do, you can actually open the box yourself from anywhere in the world. When I see a delivery person on the ring camera, instead of telling them the code to open the box. I open it for them and watch them put the package inside and key back in the box. Now they don’t have to have a code or figure out how to enter it.  You can also generate new codes from anywhere and they’ll update the box.  Bluetooth is pointless. I need a lockbox I can control when I’m NOT in Bluetooth range, duh.    

IMG_2401.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49
Dan209
Level 1
Greenville, SC

You may want to look into this one.  https://www.igloohome.co/products/keybox/

http://www.masterlock.com/bluetoothlockbox

Available from Bunnings Australia in November 2017

The masterlock is NOT wireless nabled, you have to be there in Bluetooth range. 

Lisa764
Level 1
California, United States

I use : http://www.nexiahome.com/certified-products/schlage-century-touchscreen-deadbolt-with-built-in-alarm

I go on Nexia home online and can control codes for all quests and can on the fly let repair people in etc, couldn't live without, hope this helps.

Lee

Ewan4
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Matthew - Did you ever find a suitable Lock Box device that suited your needs? I am about to enter into the world of Airbnb hosting and am trying to find a suitable device with expiring codes. I'd be very interested to know if you found something suitable and if you rated it highly? 

Cheers

Ewan

Diana479
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi Ewan

i am looking for the same.  Did you get any recommendations? 

Many thanks

Diana

Sulay0
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Escout

bluetooth enabled, registers all activity, secure connection, check it out

escout.me

Susan869
Level 6
Lupton, United Kingdom

I have had a key pad lock for years but it is a pain to change the code as have to unscrew it each time. On the plus it cuts out keys altogether so no guests forgetting to put them back or losing them. Have just ordered a Yale smart lock to be able to change codes remotely.... still has a keypad for people who may not have a smartphone. Hoping this is the answer... very expensive but worth it’s weight if it works!,

Hi Susan how do you like the Yale smart lock by the way?  I'm thinking about getting one.  Thanks.

I just started out AirBNB hosting and have been looking at options. I ordered two Yale x Nest locks. They're a lot bigger than I thought. I ended up returning them only because I realized we had a key handle as well (that we never used but realized that AirBNB guests ended up locking).

Ryan357
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi,

Did you have any joy with a remotely controlled lockbox... I am looking for one now - Don't really want to add a smart lock as my main lock.

The Escout and igloo ones use bluetooth which I assume means you would have to be in the vicinity of the lock box to change the access code - this isn't very helpful for many scenarios...

You are correct! But you can always use the manual pin if you choose too. Which can be change remotely and instantly by the owner at any time and send it via text to user. 

Sulay - can you please explain - can you change the "manual pin" remotely via the internet? (not bluetooth). How does this pin reach the Escout/igloo lock boxes?

For the igloo box you don't need to be next to the box to change the code. That's because you don't actually change it, you just generate a new one. It's all explained on their site (it's for a smart lock, but the box uses the same technology). The codes are valid only for the period you specified. You only need to be next to the box if you wish to delete an existing code (cancelled reservation, for instance). The reviews for the igloo box, however, are not very encouraging.