Any hosts from Turkey?

Deniz6
Level 1
Istanbul, Turkey

Any hosts from Turkey?

Any hosts from Turkey?  

47 Replies 47

İts legal ,but you have to apply 3 place.Police,tax office and municipality.If you not register your flat and renting this is illegal:)

Did you do it? Is it difficult and costly?

Daynnie0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Omar, did you manage to find an answer to this?

yes as I see it's too costy.

Hi, Selchuk, I am a host from Antalya, sorry for the fine you had to pay. So you have a registered company now, how did it work? Was it easy to register it? 

any response from Selcuk ? no one seems to be helpıng here or sharıng any ınfo 🙂 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Nihat0 I'll tag @Selçuk1 here so he receives an email notification. 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Berfu-Hena0
Level 1
Ankara, Turkey

Hi everyone, this is Berfu from Ankara. I've heard that if you're not renting the whole flat you don't encounter penalties, is it correct? I use two of my bedrooms for hosting, not the whole flat.

I think room or whole flat same.You rent your room shorty and earn money.Commertial activity.

I have a flat in airbnb for 3 years ,nobody check my house,but in Antalya police came 3 times all my houses and other airbnb hosts houses.

Yes Selcuk1 these are commercial rules in Turkey and one must adhere.  I have my own business and register overnight guests and pay tax.  I even learned my foreign friends who let rooms in their own apartments gave up because they cannot form a registered company and they were only making small pocket money from Airbnb anyway.

We all must adhere to the national laws.  You have to declare guests who stay in your home as part of Turkey security system as much as you have to pay tax on any income. 

Many foreigners here who rent their properties decided to use agencies who can do the Gimbal system for police registration overnights and provide a tax paying service too. Our foreign friends knew everything as the new law was well publicised in Fethiye to everyone last year so they either had to make changes to their renting procedures or give up.  I am not arguing that Turkey made it difficult for everyone but I think one day they will rethink it. Sorry for your fines but we knew the police would be monitoring every host. If you dont follow laws you will get caught eventually.

This whole situation arose because of security issues after Istanbul bombings than anything else as people who rented Airbnb homes were not registered so the police didnt know those terrorists were in the city. 

So we should be thankful if it will help the country, but also the very few exceptional things spoil it for others.

Kind regards

Ramazan's friends

Hello Ramazan, thanks for your information, very interesting. I have a flat to rent in Fethiye Istanbul, so the main part is to go to the police office and declare it or to the city hall? Can you please advise?

thanks a lot

Hi Selçuk, did you have any issue when the police came? What did they come for? What did they say ? Thanks

Irina293
Level 3
Antalya, Turkey

This is a very useful link which clarifies the registration process for short term renting business in Turkey.

https://2blacklions.com/business-tax-on-turkish-property-rental-income-2018/

The blacklions link is comprehensive and useful. I understand that one must issue an invoice for every payment received from Airbnb. But who is this invoice addressed to? Anybody doing this now?

i got the same problem with selcuk, police just came and sealed the house, and I didn’t at home at that time, just my renter were at home, so i dont know where should i go to meet the authorities of that issue.

during that time, what should we do ?

how is the process to open the seal.
anybody knows? 
are they gonna come back to home if we not go to their office?

please share your experience,

If it possible will be much appreciate if we can talk through wa or IG

much appreciate for your information