Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hi Deniz,

I am a host in Istanbul.

Susan486
Level 1
Fethiye, Turkey

Hello Deniz, Tuna,

Hi I am new to the Forum but have hosted on here for a few years. 

I think it would be relevant to discuss some reinforced rental laws in Turkey among hosters in Turkey. you can find a link below.

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/property/21269-giykimbil-system-short-term-property-rentals-turkey.html

What is your experience so far?  Are you registering your guests per nightly stay to the local (tourist) police department yet? Please read above report.  It seems all properties involved in rentals have to be put forward as doing so before end of June 2017.

How is it all going to work within the Airbnb framework to adhere to these new rental rules in Turkey regarding guest registrations and more for individuals such as my friend who rents her villa? Are we going to be able to work with this or is it going to be the end of all small enterprises working with an excellent community AIRBNB guests. It is certainly not going to do AIRBNB any favours?  I feel a bit deflated. I hosted a little for myself, it was more successful in 2015, but made a little pocket money, but I host my friends villa. It hasnt made any yield yet as new.   Today, she asked me to stop the advertising as she does not want the hassle of al the new legislation regarding guest reporting etc.  My understanding is we cant use this "giykimbil" online registration system unless we have a Turkish registered business, is it true?  I can't set up my own rental company here. I can however maybe pass my property on to an agent to do for me and this responsibility should move from me to him regarding the nightly guests in the property?

I would love to hear your views as to whether this whole thing is going to work for you in Istanbul? I certainly have a lot of questions to ask before I consider if I can continue or not. Thanks for your input.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Susan486,

Welcome to the Community Center. I'm just mentioning in @Deniz6 and @Tuna1, so they receive a email notification about your reply. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie , I am Planning to host my apartment In istanbul . can you send me the rules for hosting there 

My Email Is *

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Hi, I have started to rent my apmt in Dalaman this year and am doing surprisingly well !!  Might have known it was all too good to be true !  Only just heard about this GIYKIMBIL .   Sounds like a complicated and laborious process.   

Hi Susan the link seems broken :/.

Yücel0
Level 1
Fethiye, Turkey

Hi 👋 

this is Yücel from Fethiye. 

Tuna1
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hi Yücel, Welcome to Airbnb  :)) I am a host from Istanbul

Hi Tuna,

I have a duplex apartment in Istanbul that I want to list on Airbnb. My parents leave downstairs and upstairs will be for guests. I'm a little bit confused about the local law in Turkey. Do you mind explaining how you are doing everything?

I would like to organize a meeting with all the hosts of Istanbul to discuss about this issue.  

I would like to join the meeting as well, i am trying to arrange renting my flat in İstanbul. Looking for some advise about local laws and restrictions.

Merhaba Tuna bey,

Antalya'da ev sahibiyim, kiralama ile ilgili tam olarak anlayamadığım bazı konular var.

Şirket yada işletme değil bireysel kullanıcıyım. Gelen misafirlerin kimlik bildirimlerini polise nasıl yapacağım ve vergi ödemeleri nasıl olacak ?

Bu konudaki bilgi ve tecrübelerinizi paylaşırsanız çok sevinirim.

Senem0
Level 1
Istanbul, Turkey

Hello! Senemo here 🙂 🖖🏻 From Akyaka, Muğla!

Hello I am shera from istanbul I wanted to ask you guys about the payment delay, when are we going to get our payments my guests are already in the house and haven't received a dime yet