Anybody ever gotten a gift from AirBnb??

Tom-and-Lisa0
Level 10
Kalispell, MT

Anybody ever gotten a gift from AirBnb??

When you fill out your host profile airbnb asks for a shipping address and comments that they sometimes send hosting gifts.  Has anybody ever gotten such a gift?

61 Replies 61

I know right? Socks and mugs. You'd think they know everybody hates receiving socks and mugs! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tom-and-Lisa0 @BruceandJulio0 @Christine218 @Deborah1.....Yeah I recieved an Airbnb shopping bag with lots of useful little things in it...a luggage tag, a bottle opener, a tea towel, a stubbie cooler, drink coasters, a pair of Airbnb socks and a few more things. It was nice because it was so unexpected....it just turned up in the post with no fan fare.

Looks like it's time I got on my bike and did a bit more hosting!!!! I have had our listing unavailable from February until the first October due to our local high school homestay program for international students and other commitments and I thought I might struggle to get guest interest after so long but, in just the past week we have got four bookings so I am thrilled about that.....

and I am sooooo looking forward to another stream of wonderful Airbnb guests...cheers.....Rob.

@Robin4Yep, I received a beautiful apron and I have on the way the shopping bag. Love Airbnb!

Teresa124
Level 1
Sparta Township, NJ

Nothing, and I've been a host for over 5 years :  (

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nothing here either.   I did wonder if it was a glitch as I keep seeing a reminder to set my shipping address.  Then I go there and it's filled in already.  Then I fill it in again and Save just in case.  Then it suggests to me a completely different address from the one I just entered, so I click to go back to the old one.   It's a bit glitchy that section, not sure if that's related.

I did get gifts at superhost getttogethers, like a superhose pin, T-Shirt, etc. 

What I would really like though is AirBnB keychains, like 4 of them.   In the shape of the A paperclip logo perhaps.

Ian63
Level 2
Portland, OR

I got a keychain and a couple of thank u cards

Hakan8
Level 2
Hatfield, United Kingdom

I received a framed print of my room and lovely message - nice touch 

Linda149
Level 4
Ilkley, United Kingdom

Yes. I got my first gift today, after 2 and a bit years with 5* across the board. It's a lovely drawing of one of our photos off of my listing and us mounted in a white box frame. Really nice and much appreciated. Will hang in my BNB annex with pride.

Giovanna125
Level 2
Venice, Italy

I got my gift last week, it's a beautyful framed drawing of one of the listing's picture, the reading corner of my home. I love it and I'm looking forward to hanging it! 🙂

www.airbnb.ie/rooms/14216510

Natasha84
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

I also just recieved a frame

Ipad glitch here, expanded response. I also just recieved a little frame with a print of one of my hosting pictures. Very nice little idea. I have been a host for 2 years and supper host for around 1.5 years. I do get automated congratuation emails every quarter on the superhost status

Lucy-and-Loic0
Level 7
Lyon, France

I also got the print of the bed in our studio in a white box frame.  Thanks, Airbnb!  A nice souvenier of our experience.  

Silvia696
Level 2
Southampton Parish, Bermuda

3 years superhost and no gifts yet. I would really like a keychain. 

Brian172
Level 2
Singapore

Never..Been a host for 3 years...its a moot promo just to trick you into submmiting your addy

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Brian172

Brian, you have to 'butter them up' mate. I get two or three nice little gifts a year.

This was the latest one, arrived about 2 months ago.....

IMG20181004141741.jpg

It's a guest comments book!

I have got Airbnb socks, carry bags, bottle openers, pens, key chains.....if it's a promotional item I have managed to score it along the way. They seem to come along at regular intervals. 

Just waiting for that $10,000 bonus for being such a good Airbnb host.....do you think I might be waiting a while!! :-))

Cheers.....Rob