Anybody ever gotten a gift from AirBnb??

Tom-and-Lisa0
Level 10
Kalispell, MT

Anybody ever gotten a gift from AirBnb??

When you fill out your host profile airbnb asks for a shipping address and comments that they sometimes send hosting gifts.  Has anybody ever gotten such a gift?

61 Replies 61

@Robin4

Cheers Mate for the tip 🙂 ..

let me rush down to the grocers to stock up on butter 🙂 

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

I got a board game too a couple of years ago, never used it though. One useful thing was a free key-ring and bottle opener combo which I use all the time for my guests. It's Airbnb branded so people don't forget and take the key with them, and useful too. Once got a smoke detector too which is great. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Yes, extraordinary advertisement. Oh, a gift gift?  A key chain which a guest took off with it, broke my heart too.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I received a bélo tea towel in 2013. It's what keeps me hosting 😉

@Robin4, are they loading you Australians up with loot to make up for the missed payments? Did you get paid? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lawrene0

From last to first....yes I did get paid Lawrie, and payouts are now coming through as they always have before this 'glitch', although I am aware of at least one host who is still waiting.

Far from loading us up with 'loot' the whole epsisode has been completely stonewalled by the company. There has not been any form of comunique from the company to affected hosts apart from one small email about half way through saying payouts had been interrupted but were now starting to be processed.

But no explanation of what it was, no time-frame on it's conclusion and no subsequent statement of apology...as far as the company are concerned, it never happened.

Now the unfortunate aspect to that approach as far as the company is concerned, many of us here were frightened Lawrie, we did not know what was happened and we were all doing what customer support were doing....... we were making wild guesses!

Because of this episode I have activated my listing on Homeaway/Stayz and over the past 2 weeks have got 4 reservations and one pending through that platform.

If Airbnb had made some attempt to keep us informed I would not have done that! I was perfectly happy with the run I was getting with Airbnb. All they needed was a short daily bulletin board, we would have all been happy with that....but it never happened and, at least from my situation, Airbnb have shot themselves in the foot, I have currently 15 booked nights that Airbnb have lost to another platform that I never would have dreamed about accepting a month ago!!

A Bélo towel hey, God lucky you. In 2016 I got this parcel in the mail and inside was a carry bag with just about every bit of propotional stuff that Airbnb have and they consistently keep adding stuff. I have no idea why many hosts are not getting something, I thought we all got it as a gesture of goodwill on the part of the company!

Cheers.....Rob

Sorry to hear that everyone was treated so badly, @Robin4. A little communication, that thing on which we are all rated, would have gone a long way. I'd send you a sympathy tea towel, but it is getting ratty. 

Hope the multi-platform thing works for you. I have to say my one stab at it was a fiasco. Calendars stopped syncing and suddenly I was double-booked. That was all it took for me to leave the other site. 

Surely Homeaway has syncing down, though. Best of luck with it. Sounds wise to diversify. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lawrene0

The double booking thing is always a worry but at this point does not pose much of a problem because I am fairly heavily booked with Airbnb bookings and only have a few nights here or there through into March next year,  so there has been very limited availability on my Homeaway calendar and the closest bookings I have with this other platform are Feb 19 with the next on March 14, but I am watching both like a hawk. The other thing is I have to learn the other site. It is substantially different from here and at the moment I am feeling my way around it and hoping I don't make a mistake.

I didn't want to diversify though, that's what annoys me, I just wish these people would practice what they preach!

By the sound of it I might pass on the tea towel Lawrie but, thanks for the thought! :-))

Cheers.....Rob

I have been hosting almost one year and have received $100.00 credits toward my own booking or a photo shoot of my place. Also as super host, i receive Airbnb Magazine. 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

I got the same guest book as @Robin4, as well as a nice beeswax pillar candle, from Lizzie and Quincy. Very nice, and we've gotten some nice comments in the book since I put it in the flat. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alexandra316

Alex, I have not put the guest book into action. I am a bit concerned it might effect my rate of reviews, they might fall off because guests will feel they have already done their bit by writing in the guest book.

Most of them don't understand the review system as it is, I don't want anything else to complicate things still further....so the guest book just sits in our sideboard!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4 I was worried about that too, and I hesitated about putting it out for a couple of months because of that. I finally put it out 3 guests ago, and I have 3 guest book entries and 3 reviews, so it's gone okay so far. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alexandra316

You haven't convinced me Alex but, I am all the time asking questions about this and if it is not adversely affecting review rate, (baring in mind our heads as superhosts are on the chopping block when it comes to review rate), I might consider putting it on display!

It's a nicely done book though, isn't it? You couldn't accuse them of cutting a corner there!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4It is extremely nice. 

I have a guest book out, not an official Airbnb guest book, and my guests still post reviews on Airbnb.  The few that haven't posted I send a message, before the 14 day deadline,  asking them to please post a review if their stay was a good experience. The only ones that haven't left reviews are the guests from VRBO.  I don't think that they push their clients about reviews like Airbnb does.

Linda 

Kerry-Louise0
Level 2
Mutxamel, Spain

Yes the sent me a candle