Anybody successful in getting any money from ARIBNB for damages?

Anybody successful in getting any money from ARIBNB for damages?

Hi!

I am a host on here as well as VRBO.

I charge a big deposit - 500$ (even know per my understand its is not charged, or put on hold here on AIRBNB) since my properties both are new and updated. I never had problem with VRBO, if damage occurs, I get to decide how much, and I am in charge of taking it out of their deposit (in 3 years only had to do it once)

Most of my bookings this summer are on airbnb and reading some of the discussions I am becoming a little bit worried about "what if..."

Anybody had sucesfully paid out from airbnb for their claims?!

*In my rules I clearly state - no dogs, no parties, limit of house guests, if rules are broken all of your security deposit will be lost

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have seen a couple of people post that they received full payment but that was for damage, never heard of AirBnB getting payment for rules violations.

David
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Just remember, you can say 'no dogs' but if it is a service dog or mini-pony or an emotional support animal (which could be a dog, cat, peacock, iguana, camel - any sort of animal at all) you need to accept it because that's part of ABB's Anti-Discrimination Policy. 

I have heard that a few people get paid now and then, and I myself had a good experience being reimbursed for linens but ABB paid for that themselves - long story - but sometimes you get lucky and reach a very experienced, caring customer support person and good things often happen as a result.

My advice: Charge a high enough nightly rate that you can sock a bit of money away so that if something happens you can cover the expense / damage yourself if ABB fails to come through. That's what I do, and except for the one incident I mentioned, I have had my cottage property and all the amenities (including the hot tub) taken care of very well by ABB guests - not perfect, but far better than I could have hoped for, given what I have read here on these forums. I am clear in my listing on what I expect, so that helps, I imagine, and my price is high enough that I feel I can cover any minor stuff should something untoward occur.