Anyone Else hosting in Las Vegas?

Joanna85
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Anyone Else hosting in Las Vegas?

I am trying to find a thread where hosts in Las Vegas connect and I don't see anything really that I thought I would!

Anyone out there in Las Vegas?  Are you doing this for investment reasons or for the fun of it?  I"m curious to know what others think about being hosts in Las Vegas and if others have been doing Air BNB longer than a year if they find slower times of the year or a specfic 'season' or if it's just hit or miss.  Any tips or funny stories or nightmares or anyone else looking other Las Vegas hosts to just share with?

75 Replies 75
Derrick44
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Hello I’m looking on help and Guidance I have a home here in Las Vegas Nevada that I am looking to rain out I am on aware of the rules and policies that is required to list my property for Airbnb can someone help me and let me know what it is that I need to do.

Are you looking to rent your property? I work for Airbnb and can guide you in the right direction.

Yes I am. However I just don’t know where to start out with the process if I need a business license what are the other requirement going forward

Yes I am. However I just don’t know where to start out with the process if I need a business license what are the other requirement going forward

You need to first figure out evem if you can get a license. They have changed the requirements. Call the city and find out if you are able to. 

Ok. Doing that now 

Joanna, now that they have been so strict with short term rentals here in Vegas have you tried to rent for 30+ days instead? If so how has that worked out for you?

I gave airbnb up. I moved from my relic of a house. I made a decent penny doing airbnb but it was work. I enjoyed it most of the time. However....I lived in my house and rented the mother-in-law quarters. I don't know as picky as people are how one could rent out the whole house and turn a profit, especially given how the housing prices are so freaking high now. I do the math in my head and it just doesn't make sense. The city is clamping down and neighbors are acting like KGB agents reporting people. It just doesn't seem like a profitable endevor anymore.

Darren98
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Hello everyone,

Just posting here that if anyone is looking for a housecleaner or property manager for their AirBNB property here in Las Vegas, we are looking to expand our business. We mainly specialize in MGM Signature (have a couple of units there) but we are accomodating other properties in the Vegas area as well.

Our Services:

• Professional Cleanings and Laundry Service
  • Short term and traditional rentals
  • Property preparation for both short and traditional rentals
  • Guest communication 24/7
  • Guest check-in and personal greetings
  • Maintenance and repairs of properties
  • Professional photography of the property for listings
  • Amenities for the guest to get maximum satisfaction on the property
  • Price monitoring with our proprietary algorithm software
  • Proprietary calendar software to prevent double bookings across different OTAs

If interested, leave a message or send me a PM here on AirBNB.

Interested in learning more about your services.

Jacelynn0
Level 2
New York, NY

Hey all! I’m coming on on a year for Airbnb. Originally had a one bedroom then upgraded to two. 

Im not sure if the two is necessary now that I’ve moved back to nyc. 

But now that my lease is coming up to renew I’m considering changing locations especially because of these new laws. 

Where are some good locations ? I live right next to the strip. Nervous to venture out further. 

Better to have one or two bedroom? 

I have a friend who cleans for $80 per visit for two bed- two bath. Just a FYI if anyone is interested in an affordable service. 

Stacey199
Level 2
Henderson, NV

I host my home (private rooms) in Henderson.  I was doing what you are doing... trying to find other hosts in the area. My Name is Stacey and I've been hosting a few months now.  I'm an empty nester and truly enjoy my guests.  I went thru the whole ordeal of getting certified for the city.  I'd love to speak to others who are now certified. 

Hi @Stacey199  and @Stephanie817  ! I'm new to Air BnB and was looking to purchase a vacation home in Las Vegas- and rent it out on Air BnB when I'm not there- but with all of these laws and restrictions now I'm second guessing that idea. However, my understanding is that it's allowed in Henderson. How has it been for you? Do you frequently go vacant? I'm nervous to buy in Henderson b/c people will think it's too far from teh strip and my house will sit empty. I'd love to chat with anyone who has input!  Thanks!

I love to travel! My family and I try to follow the warm weather and we love exploring new cities.
Wendy1305
Level 1
Hermosa Beach, CA

Hello Las Vegas hosts!   I am in the market for a property in Henderson and it's quite tedious looking up the address then comparing the address to the legal map then contacting the HOA to even see if STRs are ok.  Does anyone know of either an approved HOA or unapproved HOA list?   

I can kind of figure out areas when there is literally no STRs in certain spots but was just wondering if by chance anyone has this information.

thanks!

No to sound rude, but if there was a house that was on the map then most of us would buy it ourselves so it wouldn't be available. AS you can tell there isn't anything left unless something new comes up for sale so you have to do the research and keep looking....