Anyone currently hosting?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Anyone currently hosting?

Hey all, I know lots of people are currently going through COVID-19 cancellations, but I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me and hosting people with nowhere else to go. I have a couple staying with me from Munich, Germany, who were travelling though the USA and Canada in their large, custom VW pickup truck that they shipped here (I didn't even know such a thing existed). It even has German license plates. They're holed up with me for at least a week until they figure out what's happening. Anyone else still have guests who didn't cancel, or do you have guests due to the pandemic? I actually had a number of people try to book, but I was turning people down if they had stupid reasons for travelling. I'm glad it worked out with these people.

16 Replies 16
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Helen350 , as of today, new rule i  Australia says 4 square metres per person. Guessing this will increase. 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Well, my hosting continues. I have a couple who need to isolate from their family coming today and staying for 2 weeks. I followed the Airbnb guidelines about leaving a 72 hour gap between guests and the disinfecting cleaning. I'm actually still a bit worried, but hopefully it'll all work out.

I have made the decision not to host tourists for the foreseeable future. I don't see a reason for leisure travel right now: literally everything is closed in Ontario, with the exception of grocery stores and pharmacies.