Anyone else tried Experiences?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Anyone else tried Experiences?

So I'm off to Europe next week for a bit, and I booked a few Experiences, along with a few Airbnbs. I'm doing one boat tour in Amsterdam and two different tours in Madrid. I'm just wondering if any other hosts here have given Experiences a go yet, and if so, how it's been.

I'm excited to give it a try!

Also, if you're an experience host, I'd love to hear what that's like. I don't think I have the skillset for it, but it must be interesting.

21 Replies 21

@Stephanie I've heard about those! Pretty cool that they're vegan. I'm a dolly mixture addict (now we're getting down to our deepest, darkest secrets!). I also love their apricot roll, but I doubt they'll have them at the airport. I'll be the one hopping on the plane with a Battenburg cake in one hand and a Swiss roll in the other.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Don't forget Bakewell tarts @Alexandra316, they do free-from version there. 

You have a fine taste in English delicacies! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie A child's taste in English food, more like! They're all holdovers from my misspent youth.

I actually have one of their Battenburg cakes in my freezer right now. I also make my own, which I think are much nicer, but obviously a ton of work.

I will have to try out the bakewell tarts. I haven't had one in so long.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ah we are discussing the best suggestions for cakes for you now haha! Another suggestions come: jam tarts and lemon drizzle cake. 

I was made a battenburg @Alexandra316 , in school. It did not go well... 

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Alexandra316 I am both home and Experiences host, Right now also a community leader for experiences in Chiang Mai. I can say it was great as In both relationships with new like-mind peoples I meet and also in financial. 100% recommend you to try host an experiences. You can also read more in my article: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Day-14-A-host-who-enriches-passion-by-hosting-an-Experie...

Thanks to @Stephanie  for your message.

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Alexandra316 @Stephanie @@ I'm a home host, since 2015, and since 2017 I've also been hosting an experience. My experience is an electric bike tour of Boston and Cambridge. I have a bunch of electric bikes, and I take up to 6 Riders on a 17 Mile tour of the area, sticking mostly to bike paths and off-road routes. It's been a huge amount of fun, and I've actually made some money doing it! I've met some really great people, and by this time I've hosted over 360 people on my bike tour. I've also put in but not yet started for an experience involving wine and pastels. My partner has an art studio, and the idea is to host people to come for an evening of playing around with pastels and then also drinking wine and consuming some nice cheese. As I say even though it's been approved, we haven't managed to get it going quite yet, but I do hope to get that going soon in the spring. I'll start up my bike tours again when the weather warms up, probably around April 1st. Happy to reply to anybody who has further questions about hosting an experience. I've had a lot of fun doing it and can really recommend it to other host

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Alexandra316 @ I'm a home host, since 2015, and since 2017 I've also been hosting an experience. My experience is an electric bike tour of Boston and Cambridge. I have a bunch of electric bikes, and I take up to 6 Riders on a 17 Mile tour of the area, sticking mostly to bike paths and off-road routes. It's been a huge amount of fun, and I've actually made some money doing it! I've met some really great people, and by this time I've hosted over 360 people on my bike tour. I've also put in but not yet started for an experience involving wine and pastels. My partner has an art studio, and the idea is to host people to come for an evening of playing around with pastels and then also drinking wine and consuming some nice cheese. As I say even though it's been approved, we haven't managed to get it going quite yet, but I do hope to get that going soon in the spring. I'll start up my bike tours again when the weather warms up, probably around April 1st. Happy to reply to anybody who has further questions about hosting an experience. I've had a lot of fun doing it and can really recommend it to other hosts