Anyone having trouble blocking days on your calendar?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Anyone having trouble blocking days on your calendar?

We had to block off Thanksgiving and the day before as we will not be available for turnover. I have a reservation right after and my calendar won't let me block those dates. I have tried several times both on my laptop and in the app. I have exited out of the entire site. Nothing. Finally I had to change my time between guests to two days and it let me mark as "unavailable."

We had a reservation request this morning in which the communication was very abrupt/rude/zero feedback from others and there were requests for discounts so we declined. Those dates showed as blocked and the trouble started after that. I am wondering if there is a connection. The dates we are trying to block are not the same that the request was for.  Maybe the paranoia has set in!

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I had trouble with the calendar this morning, too, @Laura2592 , but it cleared up eventually. (Using Chrome on a laptop.) I recommend shouting at the screen, as I'm pretty sure that helped. 😉

Not sure if guests are still seeing different open dates on their side. They were a few days ago. Makes for interesting inquiries. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Laura2592 there's been some really weird things going on with the platform lately. Recently, I booked as a guest, and first of all, one of the nights I wanted was blocked from my end (even though it wasn't from the host's end). I only asked the host about it because it seemed odd that this one random night was blocked. After I had messaged her and she said it wasn't blocked from her end,  I looked back at the calendar and it was suddenly unblocked... Then I did a prebooking while I was waiting to hear back from my friends, and when I went to actually book, it wouldn't let me because the platform had randomly blocked one of the other nights! It took me and the host ages to fix it and put the booking through.

There were a few other weird things too, like my friend and I seeing different listings when the 'pets allowed' filter was on. The place I ended up booking allows pets but it wasn't coming up in my search when I had the pet filter on,  but it was coming up for my friend. I could only see the house when I had the filter off! Ended up messaging host and asking if dogs were allowed. Honestly, if I'd been a first time Airbnb user, all that would have put me off for life!

cache cookies browser changes logoff logon both site app cold boot pc and phone

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it
Diane627
Level 2
Terrace, Canada

I am having trouble with my calendar as well

Diane627
Level 2
Terrace, Canada

Yes I am having trouble with my calendar