Anyone in Los Angeles getting bookings?

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Anyone in Los Angeles getting bookings?

Mayor Eric Garcetti has essentially killed tourism for the year when he banned people from sitting on the beach and sitting in restaurants, extending the lockdown to at least the end of July. I can't believe that the people of Los Angles are putting up with this fascist insanity. For the entertainment industry especially, there's probably upwards of a million people put out of work, yet not a peep out of these liberals. I guess they're too terrified of speaking out for fear of being blackballed by the industry.

I decided to just close for the year. My 30 day page views are down about 85%.  Not worth paying an extra $65 per month for insurance, $5 per month for Ooma phone service and the $91 annual city fee.

41 Replies 41

You have been brainwashed by the fear merchants who push the "exposed to disease" narrative. You're so brainwashed that anyone who challenges your entrenched believes is discarded as "ludicrous and callow".  Go argue with a Stanford researcher https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isola... The overwhelming majority of people do not have any significant risk of dying from COVID-19. 99.9% percent of infected people have mild disease or zero symptoms. It's not a death sentence to get this disease. There's a sort of a loss of rational thinking here going on.

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/john-and-ken/content/2020-05-19-dr-scott-atlas-joins-the-john-a...

Michael3546
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

After 2 months of no bookings, I started getting several long-term stay requests just in the past week. Each one is similar in that they make a request for 1 month, but send a message asking for a discount for a longer-term stay of 3 to 6 months.  I'm wondering if this is due to the pandemic, and people needing to downsize, move etc...  Has anyone else experienced this?

My concern is that with a longer-term stay, do guests gain renter protections like the moratorium on evictions that would make it unable to evict them should they fail to pay?

Btw, I just read the headline and responded. I didn't realize this was a bunch of political rants from both sides, but explains why it's one of the top posts LOL. Still hope to get some insight, thanks. 🙂

@Michael3546   In many jurisdictions - I've heard CA is one of them - a "guest" of 30 days or more legally acquires the right of tenancy, which would indeed entitle them to renter protections. Airbnb is not going to back you up if a tenant turns into a squatter, so I wouldn't use this platform for long-term leasing. If you do choose to do 3 or 6 month rentals, I'd recommend going through a service that allows you to collect a real security deposit and run credit checks, etc.

Yes! They legally become "tenants" rather than "guests". In these extraordinary times of politicians allowing tenants to stay rent-free for 90 days (and maybe longer if they extend it), I would never accept a 30-day or more stay.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Everywhere that has opened back up has seen an almost immediate rise in cases. This isn't rocket science.

Au contraire https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa/so-far-no-spike-in-coronavirus-in-places-r...

The original goal was no to overwhelm the hospitals. This never happened and was evident a long time ago, yet Los Angeles is still very much locked down.

@Pete69  A quote from pharma lobbyist and Trump appointee is not a reliable source of factual information on public health. What you're illustrating here is self-confirming antilogic, which is a closed circle by nature. You might as well be telling us what Omarosa has to say about quantum physics.

You're in Germany. You don't know what's happening here in the USA. You're just brainwashed by globalists like Angela Merkel. Boy, what a disaster she has been for Germany!

Georgia and Florida have seen no spike in cases despite reopening. Go argue with data, which is actually skewed to the upside by increased testing and over-reporting of coronavirus deaths by doctors. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Pete69 ! - @Anonymous is American!

@Pete69, sorry, why has Angela Merkel been a disaster for Germany exactly? I hope you're not attempting to compare her with the absolutely brilliant job that Trump is doing for America.

@Pete69  Florida just fired the woman in charge of compiling the data. Both Florida and Georgia have told their people in charge of the data to skew it and underreport. This information is available from reputable news sources, but I guess you wouldn't be interested in those.

@AnonymousPete's sources are always highly questionable.

@Pete69  What part of the hospitals not being overwhelmed because the area was locked down, stopping the virus spread eludes you?

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Helen350 Another liberal in denial of data. Quarantine the elderly and the sick -- not the healthy. Read theHill article "The data is in — stop the panic and end the total isolation".