Anyone in Los Angeles getting bookings?

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Anyone in Los Angeles getting bookings?

Mayor Eric Garcetti has essentially killed tourism for the year when he banned people from sitting on the beach and sitting in restaurants, extending the lockdown to at least the end of July. I can't believe that the people of Los Angles are putting up with this fascist insanity. For the entertainment industry especially, there's probably upwards of a million people put out of work, yet not a peep out of these liberals. I guess they're too terrified of speaking out for fear of being blackballed by the industry.

I decided to just close for the year. My 30 day page views are down about 85%.  Not worth paying an extra $65 per month for insurance, $5 per month for Ooma phone service and the $91 annual city fee.

41 Replies 41
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Pete69 Well I don't know WHAT to believe anymore, because there are two extreme & opposite schools of thought, & in the US it seems particularly polarized along political lines....

Helen350 Data is data. Data is not democrat, republican or biased. And the data is clear. The elderly and the sick are the ones effected by coronavirus. You quarantine THEM -- not entire nations. Read the Hill article. I would post it but Airbnb keeps blocking URLs. Democrat governors want to continue the shutdown 1) because it will hurt the economy more and voters tend to blame incumbent presidents, whether justified or not, 2) the democrat states are in deep dept and so they are banking on getting a bailout to pay for the government employee pensions and healthcare that they over-promised on. Essentially small business and the middle class is taking these lockdowns on the chin because of politics.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Yeah and that’s why we have had several younger folk with the latest being a 4 year old . It’s indiscriminate who it chooses . How many nurses? Oh I guess that’s different . 

Ria16 Here in California NOBODY under the age of 18 has died of COVID-19. One single 4 year old died? Did you know that about 100 children die of chicken pox each year in the US or that in 2017 there were 187 kids who died of the flu in the US?

So it is not "indiscriminate". Look at the data! COVID-19 highly disproportionately effects the elderly and people with underlying health conditions. The media has spotlit these uncommon cases in order to drive hysteria.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

35 nurses in LA .

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

There are many damaging things with this virus as it attacks organs, even if you survive. Effects are highly variable, include infertility and amputation as blood vessels are damaged. New findings are happening all the time. I prefer to avoid it if I can. 

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Sarah977 What part of "millions are going to die" and "we need military hospital ships" to handle the flow if sick eludes you? Hospitals had to lay off people and the hospital ships left because the modelers were COMPLETELY wrong. The death rate is turning out to be closer to or on par with the flu. And again, COVID-19 effects the elderly and people with health conditions. Quarantine them -- not the healthy, so we can fully open the economy. Simple.
Kath9 Now you're just arguing with data -- not the Hill news source. **

**[Inappropriate content removed - Community Center Guidelines]

@Pete69 equating refugees with terrorists says it all really.

And @Pete69, other countries actually get news about the US. Pity the US doesn't do the same.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Pete69 

There's a group of UK Scientists who have written an informative piece that was published in a news article over the last 3-5 days outlining around 15 points of public interest that they would like to have addressed surrounding practices undertaken by university academics, the way statistics are collated , modelling & diagnoses of deaths.

There's been serious questions asked as to why there wasn't a greater cross section of people involved in the model that's been used here in NZ which is the same Template that SAGE UK  & Professor Neil Fergusson undertook in the UK that has been used across the world.

For those who are unaware Fergusson screwed up the UK economy with Foot & Mouth disease in 2001  Sars, Mad cow disease & other outbreaks. One should read his works & failures to understand others viewpoints.

In regards to older people recorded as dying of Covid19, isn't it rather odd that a virus that is claimed to have started in a Wet Market in Wuhan has ended up in Aged Care facilities ?

Whilst people travel to other countries to work, it's jumping to conclusions they have introduced it to those places & has stigmatized people that bc a person who is working in Aged Care facilities has introduced it to those places.

That to me smacks of discrimination & also clutching at straws to justify the roles of those who have created this situation world-wide.

Re 4 yr old boy, to the best of my knowledge he's alive unless I've missed something in our news.

Coincidentally we now have others coming out about rare forms of leukaemia in children as if it's a new phenomena, it's not unusual, we had a family member die of leukaemia as a child around 50 years ago.

It's unfortunate when some rely on current similar stories on internet for information that's in other reputable sources.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

**[Inappropriate content removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I'm just going to step in here as I think that this conversation brings no benefit to the Community Center.

The Community Center is a place where you can meet, share experiences, and support one another. It is important that we all remember what the purpose of the Community Center is as we all want to get along here.

Personally, I feel that this conversation has gotten off track, therefore, I have decided to close this topic.

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen