Anyone in Upstate NY? Looking to buy a place around Hudson Valley and had some questions

Anyone in Upstate NY? Looking to buy a place around Hudson Valley and had some questions

I'd love advice on 2 fronts:

1. We are looking to buy a place in the Hudson Valley area with the view of renting it as an AirBnb to at least cover its costs. I'm a bit familiar with the New Paltz/Newburgh area, but not sure where is best to look. And I understand that some towns don't allow STR. Any guidance? 

2. If you're not local, how do you arrange folks who can clean/prep for guests and do maintenance if needed? Anyone have a person/team/property manager to recommend? 

3 Replies 3
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Lee4344 

Did you look to see see if your area had a local hits club that could help you with your issue.
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Discussions-locales/ct-p/en_clubs

Good luck in your research

Annie
Lisa7208
Level 1
Pompano Beach, FL

Hi @Lee4344  I'm looking at the Highland Falls area which isn't too far from Newburgh.  Did you get find any property managers to help with maintenance etc in this area?  Thanks!

Melanie1007
Level 2
Beacon, NY

Hello. We are doing this in Beacon which currently allows, by permit, STR so long as the space is owner occupied. Since we live here and we have a guesthouse which we rent it’s ok. If you were not here regularly, they might call you out. I’m not clear on other towns, but I know Hudson New York also has a strict policy.