Anyone know what's what with the 'Scenic Views' feature?

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Anyone know what's what with the 'Scenic Views' feature?

While poking around my listing and doing some updating (which is a more exhausting endeavor than ever, wading through all the new clutter, and messages, reminders and admonitions from Nanny Al), I came across 'Scenic Views' under the listing basics section. I've updated it to note both mountain and valley views, but for the life of me, I cannot find it when previewing my listings. I would have thought may be it would appear under location features in 'amenities', or in the location section, but no. Then I thought maybe it's a new search filter, but not seeing it. 

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Colleen253 

I guess Nanny AI forgot to add it to the search options....

" Guests will be able to find listings featuring their favorite scenery" , quoted from:

Adding-and-editing-amenities-is-easier-than-ever

Ah, ok. Nanny Al could free up a lot of time and better focus, by leaving us all the heck alone.😜

Jeff1668
Level 2
Valencia, Spain

Under Scenic views, My listing displays Lake view and Park view.
This is misleading.

How can I remove these Scenic views entries from my listing?

Jeff

@Jeff1668 Edit from within your amenities section.

@Colleen253 Can you tell me the steps to delete “scenic view” from the Amenities section? Thank you! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Maha64 ,

I was able to find this from the article : Adding and editing amenities. You can add a scenic view in the ‘Listing Details’ section of Manage Your Space. Simply select your listing to edit.

It would be worth trying if you are able to edit/remove what you intend to.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

thank you for your response.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Colleen253  here is my recent experience with "Scenic view" as we have "garden views" selected.

Guest inquiry in February: "Saw you have a garden-- what is blooming now?"  

Me: "Lol, not much! Its winter, so we have some evergreens. But everything else is dead."

Guest "That is a real bummer."

(They didn't book.)

So my advice to all of you is-- if you have a "view" make sure its either available at the same intensity year round, or make sure its a hologram.

@Laura2592 Ugh. It’s a good thing they didn’t book. Bullet dodged.