App Suggestion - Estimated Guest Arrival and Departure Times

Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

App Suggestion - Estimated Guest Arrival and Departure Times

Please please pretty please Airbnb can the app provide a space to record the guests estimated arrival and departure times. All hosts ask for these and many share this info with cleaners. It is  needed to schedule cleanings and to allow subsequent guests know if an earlier check in time is available. 

19 Replies 19
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It would be good if the PC/laptop version of the website of the calendar also had such a space/option to use...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

It would be nice and make thing easygoing from were Iam from it depends on traffic things happens

and if they flying it also depends things happen airplanes delays and so on you know what I mean  

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

As far as cleaners that's between you ands them ,the person you have to clean the place

the company I have witch is s&b cleaning services inc is working on a program witch guest and the cleaning company can work with each other is going to be free plus it keeps track 

safty first and always do a walk through 

@Edwin57   And what if your geusts decide not to check-out on time and tell the cleaning crew to come hours later when other guests are expected?  How does that work?

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

We keep a day off once guest decided to leave a little later our cheack out Is 10 am we keep a window open lets said guest want to lave at 12pm is ok for me because the next day I do a walk through is always good to give yourself time,back to back never works believe me it doesn't 

i keep a day off before cheack in and a day after cheack out it works for me and is the best Airbnb allow it

I don`t understand what your " day off" means.. Does it mean you don`t book that room 1 day after the checkout time ?  So you lose money for the that "day off"...Is that correct ?  Let me know,  Thanks, Lawrence

So just because a traveller might stay an hour longer you lose a possible booking for that same evening because you need a whole 24 hours to prepare a room? That's no way to run a business!

My check out time is 11am and my check-in time is 6pm, this gives me just enough time to clean up the whole 230m2 villa (3 bathrooms, 7 bedrooms, kitchen and lounge) and remake 23 beds. There is no way I would take 'a day off'. If the traveller wants to stay longer then he pays extra so that I can then have two cleaners to do the same work in half the time, if they were to ask to stay until late evening then they would have to pay for another night, but they don't want to pay more so they generally leave on time. I have only ever once had to remind a group of travellers to leave. An hour after check-out time I phoned them to say, where are you, you need to leave, they told me that I had agreed for them to stay until 3pm, I said no please come back now and remove your things or pay extra... they weren't very happy but left. You have to be firm and polite because you can't let the traveller bully you. Especially now that travellers are becoming more and more powerful in what happens to our future because they know that bad feedback can destroy our livelihood so it's becoming a form of extorsion, that we have to give in to their unreasonable demands. I once had a traveller who on his last day's stay 'demanded' an extra day for free otherwise he would leave me bad feedback. I gave in because I didn't have a booking for that evening anyway, but low and behold he gave me bad feedback and lied about everything. Needless to say airbnb did NOT remove his feedback saying he was stating his opinion... (even though he had used extorsion to get a free day). Airbnb says they take extorsion seriously but they really don't.  Since then I don't give in to bullies.

Not really sure what you are contributing towards my suggestion of an upgrade to the app to allow guests/host to record the estimated arrival and departure times to make this vital information clear and shareable.

Most of my turnovers, of which I have had over 1200, are on the same day. 

I think your suggestion is great because my cleaners have to travel to get to me and are still trying to service their other clients.

If the app and website asked guests once they have checked in, their leaving time.  We do not do early check in because it is too disruptive.  But knowing the times would help all to plan.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Hugh0

Why not use the 'notes' facility on calendar. Allows you to enter notes for any day....and you could put in the arrival/departure times there.

The notes facility cannot be accessed by guests. It’s access by hosts is not the easiest either 

Bob-And-Cathy0
Level 2
Colonel Light Gardens, Australia

Hi Hugh

I get this information from my guests in the question section of the "Guest requirements". The greeting and questions are sent to the guest after they have IB'd me

Does not allow for arrival and departure times

Vincent216
Level 2
New York, United States

I’ve simplified it. I have preset check in/ check out times. (3pm/11am). Similar to a hotel. If a guest requests early or late checkout I may agree to modify the reservation (for a reasonable fee) Unless it either interferes with another reservation or precludes an additional one. My cleaning service works within that time to turn the units over. (I have two, three bedroom units in a ski town). Also, my locks are electronic and WiFi enabled. They assign a random and unique code for each guest that only works within that time frame. All this is communicated to the guests at the time of booking.