App shows message but there is none

App shows message but there is none

Hi,

We are pretty new to hosting and seem to be having issues with the message alerts.  There is a constant unread message alert on the Airbnb icon even though all messages have been responded to.  Has anyone else had the same issue?  It just makes us think we have missed responding to a message somehow.

Thanks!

35 Replies 35
Pam43
Level 1
Saint Clairsville, OH

Me too! Same deal although this is the first its happened and I have been using the app for about 5 months.
Nancy67
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Ditto.
Dawn50
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

Me too. I've been using the app for a year and this issue appeared about a month ago.

Dawn50
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

Try logging out and back in again.  It worked for me.

Thank you Dawn!  Did that before and it didn't work but just tried it and it did!  Thanks again!

Worked for me too!!

It worked for me too! Thanks for your help!
Chip-and-Romi0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi, had the same problem and just found a similar thread with the same issue from an Aussie host. There was a reply there that if you log out and then log back in it cleared the "false" message. I tried that and it worked for me, good luck!

Thank you!  All sorted now 🙂

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Dawn0 and @Beverly0 and @Tamara0 et al,

I was in touch with Airbnb today regarding various issues with the App Notifications and moments ago was just sent the following email from customer support. I figured I'd send it off to the group right away and then go and test it for myself....

Hello JT,

This is Noele with Airbnb it was a pleasure speaking with you today.

I understand that you and your wife were having some issues with the push button notifications on the iphone mobile app.

I found a few things that you can try to possibly resolve the issue.

First things to try, in order to see changes, would be to update the mobile app to the latest version 16.04

You can select which type of push notification or text message notification you would like to receive by toggling on and off various categories

Below are steps you can take for the push notifications as well as the text message notifications.

Push Notifications Categories:

> Messages- From hosts and guests
> Reservation Updates- Requests, confirmations, changes, and more
> Account Activity - Changes made to your account
> Other - Feature updates and more

Text Message Notifications:

> Messages - From hosts and guests
> Reservation Updates - Requests, confirmations, changes, and more
> Travel Recommendations - Trip ideas, travel and price alerts
> Other - Feature updates and more

You'll always receive text message updates for Account Activity.

I'm glad it's not just me! So annoying. We are travelling at the moment and I have to manage our place at home by phone or iPad. The app needs to be fixed so it works correctly.
Terry47
Level 2
Orlando, FL

I thought I was missing something.  My app always says I have one message waiting, but I don't.

Janice29
Level 2
Scarborough, AU

Me too!! How about an answer AIRBNB??

Brandon27
Level 1
Portland, OR

Same problem. By the way, if you go to the "help" section, and scroll all the way past the trip related issues, there's a helpful link that tells you you can contact their help center. But when you click that link, it takes you right back to the top of the same page you're already on, so I guess there's no way to actually contact Airbnb.
Miklos0
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Same since a week