App shows message but there is none

App shows message but there is none

Hi,

We are pretty new to hosting and seem to be having issues with the message alerts.  There is a constant unread message alert on the Airbnb icon even though all messages have been responded to.  Has anyone else had the same issue?  It just makes us think we have missed responding to a message somehow.

Thanks!

35 Replies 35
Kilian0
Level 2
Navan, Ireland

Same here! If you log out and back in again it clears it but as soon as you get another message you have the same problem again.
Surely with all the money they make they can fix a simple glitch like this. Come on air bnb what about some kind of response
Cindy95
Level 2
Harmony, MN

Happening to me too.

I figured it out!!  open any email from Airbnb and click on the Airbnb link on top.  Once you do that an Airbnb logo drop down appears in the upper left.  Choose messages and you'll find them there.  My unread messages were old Airbnb emails on tips etc.  hope that helps!

Jeanne183
Level 2
Warwick, NY

I have a Samsung. I went to my notifications setting and cleared all the notices and the Airbnb message notification cleared off my phone as well . ( the noification that I have a meessage on my Airbnb badge on my phone cleared then, is what I mean)

In the web browser, I clicked messages then clicked notifications. I had one "suggestion" at the top to add a guide book. Simply reading this did not take away the open messages identifier. I had to click on and follow the suggestion. I hit cancel on creating the guidebook and came out and voila all messages read! So you may have a suggestion hanging in your notifications

Carl147
Level 2
Destin, FL

I pushed the 3 dots to the right of the address bar after reading messages and it went away (from phone app)