Appropriate Co-Hosting Fees?

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Appropriate Co-Hosting Fees?

I received a lovely email from Airbnb inviting me to offer my services as a co-host because of my reviews and superhost status.  I had never thought to do that before, but the idea intrigues me, as I have really enjoyed every aspect of the hosting experience.

As I went through the process of indicating my availability, and the services I could provide, I realized I had no idea what an appropriate percentage of compensation would be.  I also realize that this would depend upon the services I provided as a co-host.  

I would be really curious to hear what other hosts or co-hosts are paying/charging for this service, and what services are included in that percentage.  I do know this is a very personal decision, but having a sense of what others have thought was fair would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Warmly,

Jude

Rhinebeck, New York

88 Replies 88

No you’re not alone they will fill out co host information and it will also show up 

Diana1650
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello I'm looking to co-host in my area NYC & the suburbs (Westchester County) how do I find host that need assistance. I can do full service and will offer a la carte type services. 

Diana B.

Hey @Diana1650 , AirBnB used to have a co-host marketplace, but they have since removed it. You could sign up for www.cohostmarket.com - they help owners find co-hosts 🙂

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Thanks so much I appreciate it ✌🏾

Diana B.

Thanks @Robyn351 much appreciated

Diana B.

Hi, I'm new to Airbnb and would like to know how do you generate a report in Airbnb for the actual amount that you will pay to your co-host? Looking forward for all your answers. Thank you.

Hi @Rica11 - you can generate a report of your monthly income from your hosting dashboard. Click on Performance > Earnings, then select the month from the dropdown. It will instantly show you that month's earnings in the graph, but you can also download a .CSV (Excel) file by clicking on "View transaction history" at the bottom. Then click on "Gross earnings", set the start date as the first of the month and the end date as the last day of the month, then click "Download CSV". 

Performance > Earnings > "View transaction history" ... then click "Download CSV"Performance > Earnings > "View transaction history" ... then click "Download CSV"

P.S: For anyone interested, we run a co-hosting service where we manage air b&bs in Victoria, BC, Canada. We do everything - from helping people find property to purchase, to interior design to create a one-of-a-kind rental, to professional cleaning after every guest, managing all guest communication, handling guest check-in and check-outs, filing damage claims with AirBnB, etc. We do all of this for 20% of the revenue from each reservation + $50 cleaning fee. We find this pricing structure to be easy and transparent for everyone, and helps us keep our interests aligned with owners - ie. the higher revenue we generate for the owner (through more bookings, higher nightly rates), the more revenue for us.

If you need a co-host for your space you can check us out at or give us a shout at

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

logo.png

Amity5
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hi everyone, I'm considering a Co-host.  But not sure what to pay for which responsibilities.  Would you happen to have a list of EVERYTHING that a cohost would be responsible for at each price point?  For example 15% would consist them doing this and that... 25% would add on these extra responsibilities and then 45% would be this or that. Would you happen to have a list of EVERYTHING that a cohost would be responsible for that I may not be thinking about that you could share?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's up to you and your co-host to decide on a rate. There is no one size fits all. Different cohosts have different pricing structures and offer different services .

put together a list of the support you need and ask three or four local co-hosts to quote. @Amity5 

Laura6884
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Hello @Jude7 ,

Your post was a while ago but I'm curious if you ended up co hosting and how it's working out?  I am offering my service as a co host so just starting out.

Thanks, 

Laura

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Laura6884 ! Welcome to the Community! Looks like you are really keen to start off as a Co-Host too😍.

While @Jude7 shares her experience, I also wanted to share this useful guide about  How to find and become an experienced Co-Host on Airbnb? in case you are looking for a starting point. 

Keep us posted if you register through the site! All the best!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laura6884
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Hi,

Thanks for the message!  I have a profile that just became active (co hosting service profile) so hosts in my area can find me. 

I have a problem though, I can't seem to access my profile in order to edit it.

Do you know how this works? I've inquired to the support team but haven't heard back yet.

Have a great day!

Laura

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Laura6884 It is great to hear you've already created a profile! Would you mind sharing it's link with me so that I can ask around to check?

Don't forget to tag me by using @ so that I can note your response🙂!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laura6884
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

I submitted my profile and it became active, but I do not know how to access it, or how to share the link for it. @Bhumika