Appropriate Co-Hosting Fees?

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Appropriate Co-Hosting Fees?

I received a lovely email from Airbnb inviting me to offer my services as a co-host because of my reviews and superhost status.  I had never thought to do that before, but the idea intrigues me, as I have really enjoyed every aspect of the hosting experience.

As I went through the process of indicating my availability, and the services I could provide, I realized I had no idea what an appropriate percentage of compensation would be.  I also realize that this would depend upon the services I provided as a co-host.  

I would be really curious to hear what other hosts or co-hosts are paying/charging for this service, and what services are included in that percentage.  I do know this is a very personal decision, but having a sense of what others have thought was fair would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Warmly,

Jude

Rhinebeck, New York

88 Replies 88

Hello Christie and Mark, 

Thank you for sharing your situation. We are on the treshold of launching a dedicated Airbnb in West Sedona. While we winter in Sedona, we summer in Spain and as a result would like to develop a great relationship with a co-host. I am also a super host whose great guest stays are priority. Do you think your co-host would consider taking on another property? 

Kindly, 

Quinton 

Hello Quinton! Are you looking for a co- host in West Sedona! We would love to help! 

Hi Quinton,

Did you find a co-host? What do they charge you?

kind regards,

Jamie

Hi Christie!

I just came across your post.  I’m originally from AZ and love Sedona!
Wondering if you’re looking for a co-host to help with remote online management? I currently manage a couple properties for family and friends. I reply to inquiries, maintain shared calendar, schedule cleaners, send welcome letters. I’m interested in helping with more properties. Thanks!

Hi Sara—I’m looking to get into remote property cohosting. Would you be willing to chat about your experience?

Did you every get any info on it Daniel?
Jacquelini0
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

Does anyone know How much to charge to Help create a listing? 

Hi, What a good question! My partner Margaret and I list ourselves as  Co-host recently and have had a number of inquiries and request. Most of them were not close enough or big enough or were only for a short period. Only one was interesting enough to visit. A 6-bed room big house in a good area of London near Underground station. We are preparing our estimated proposal to help with taking photos and preparing the listing, description, calendars, syncing ( export, import ) in 3 platforms Airbnb, HomeAway, and Booking.com, pricing, strategic setting, pricing, minimum stay, availability, etc...... I will charge £2000 for all for listing, before launching and 35%- 45% of booking plus cleaning fee, for doing everything like reply to enquiries, negotiating the booking, pre approving, accept or reject, greeting personally, keys, communicating with the guests during after stay, supervise cleaning and any emergency repairs, reviews and greeting after they have left to assure repeat visits, updating the listing every day and etc.. Now I am drafting the agreement.I'll keep you posted.

HI Nasser. Your calculations sound about right to me. I'm a marketing executive and SuperHost in Louisville, KY. I have beenthinking about offering the same type of services. How did your proposal work out? Any more leads? Good luck!

Question. Do you need to import and export calendars?  For example - if I want to sync and Airbnb calendar with a VRBO calendar- is it sufficient to export the Airbnb and import it to VRBO?  Does the reverse need to be done?  Does the VRBO need to be exported and imported to Airbnb?

Yes!

he Margaret or anyone else, With Airbnb no longer distributing the payments for co hosting, does anyone have legal agreement cohosting documents they would be willing to share?

I’m curious how your proposal went? As a super host in the middle of a divorce who currently to all of those things, I’m trying to figure out what I am owed for these efforts of a marital vacation property. 

At the same token, if I don’t want to do all of these things for no pay, how can I find a reliable co-host to manage my two properties?

Hello Stissing, we would love to help co-Host to manage your two properties. Are you still inquiring about assistance? 

Hi, I have just read your post from 2017.  Is cohostingscussful for you?  Could you share your agreement you drafted?