Are we good enough for Airbnb

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Are we good enough for Airbnb

How do other hosts feel about 'progress stats' and 'Pricing tips'?

I suggest we just don't take any notice of them....pricing tips do not relate to anything specific when it comes to your listing.

Like 'Booked' and 'Un-booked' days in your 'progress' and 'Smart Pricing'..... Pricing Tips is just a silly bit of company 'gidee-up' to make us think their is room for improvement in what we do. How we can make the company more money!

This is how March has gone for me, and yet look at the pricing tip.....

March reservations.png

COME ON.......If I had, as suggested, lowered my price and 'snagged' these extra three guests, where in the hell was I supposed to put them??

Due to an Airbnb foul-up I had two different confirmed guests here fighting over the night of the 14th....and yet I need to lower my prices!!!

It is just a silly bit of programming nonsense and if Airbnb stopped for a second to consider the ramification of what they were suggesting they would realise that the only ones they are screwing by suggesting this 'doss' is themselves! They are dudding themselves out of a percentage of their service fee component, because, as they are saying these 'guests' went to another cheaper Airbnb! They didn't leave the platform.

The other one that annoys me is the booked versus un-booked nights! The stat says for March I had 14 booked nights and 17 un-booked nights.....

March booked nights..png

'really', I have someone in that listing every night but 2 for the month, so why put a silly stat like that in there if it in actual fact bares no relationship to my hosting situation?

My suggestion to all is, Just ignore these 'tips'!

The thing that does annoy me is....the underlying tone in every aspect of this platform from, how we list, to how we price, to how we accept,  to how we review is.....we are not good enough! We need guidance in how to do it better! We do not do what we do, to the company's satisfaction! I resent that......it is me and you other hosts that guests are talking about and recommending others to use Airbnb, not some CEO perched on a stool in San Francisco!

A bit over 2 years ago Airbnb did not have me.....or 2 million others like me, this month Airbnb has a full calendar because of me.

It's hosts like us that are growing this company because we know what we are doing and don't need to be told how to do it.

NB Mr Chesky!

Cheers......Rob

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Robin4

Totally agree, part of me finds the whole thing quite funny.

David