Are you hosting guests over the holiday season?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you hosting guests over the holiday season?

PJM013419Q201-Seasonal_Nash-Day1-2-Hero_Bungalow-02557.jpg

Hello everyone,

Here we go... the holidays are just around the corner!

For many hosts, this time of year is golden because of both Christmassy bookings, and people trying to avoid Christmas altogether! Many families travel for holidays and bookings increase.

On the other hand, you may wish to take some time off and spend it with you family rather than hosting in this period. 

Do you host during the holidays or do you give yourself a break?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

10 Replies 10
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Yep! We had a Christmas booking that cancelled and immediately got another. We also had Thanksgiving guests a few weeks ago. We block off New Years and usually celebrate at our cottage with our friends and neighbors. We are also taking down the first two weeks of January this year for some time off and maintenance, but if we get a good booking request we may consider opening up a weekend!

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Full steam ahead here. We will have more than enough down time once the holiday season is over Our first Christmas hosting and have families spending some or all of their holiday in our place. Happy about that! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Yup. Returning guests so their Christmas Day check-in isn't a problem. After all, they know exactly what they are getting. They are here to spend the holidays with their children/grandchildren who don't have a large enough place to host their own parents. I have blocked off Christmas Eve day so I am not doing a turnover Christmas morning.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I am an off site host. And yes, I gotta host during holiday seasons. They are the most profitable parts of the year. Here, around New Year´s Eve and Carnival dates prices rocket. It is no time to rest or getting vacant! 🙂

Ian611
Level 4
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Yes ,we have a family coming for the Christmas holidays to be near their family and a couple staying for the new year too.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@StephanieYes, we host on all holidays. We have someone staying the whole Christmas week: she's visiting her mum, who lives in our local retirement home. 

Christmas is a time for us to spend with family and friends, but many of our other local hosts close up over the holidays, so it's a good time for us to make some money and also offer people a place to stay when others aren't. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I have guests for New Year's Eve, as always, @Stephanie . The poor things have to pay more for the fun of keeping a fire going in the treehouse woodstove.

No guests Christmas week as I blocked it for family despite the messages from the bot that amount to "Hosts who tell their families to stay away at Christmas make 30% more than those putting up their in-laws. Think about it." 

But whatever 😉

Happy holidays!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hosting Christmas period this year, had put my price up thinking no one would book and low and behold got a booking!

Thanks @Stephanie and you??

Erica266
Level 5
Ushuaia, Argentina

Yes! i´m hosting new years and Christsmas, this is the first time so I´m excited about it. i hope they have a great time, but also i´m nervous about the rules, and the noise. 
but yeah, time will tell and hoping for the best!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Not me @Stephanie! It is our down season and although we might pick up guests who have family nearby, it is not the tourist season. 

@Erica266 , @Helen427 , @Lawrene0 , @Alexandra316 , @Ian611@J-Renato0 , @Susan151  &  @Colleen253 

We are however, celebrating with extra family staying with us, so bonus use of the space.

My I wish all you wonderful Xmas hosting colleagues the very best! 

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄