Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

29d6431c_original.jpg

Hello everyone,

As we approach the end of the year (aw, I can’t believe I’m saying that), it’s pretty common to look ahead and think about plans for the upcoming year. Many people like to make new year resolutions, but when it comes to hosting, this can often signal a time to refresh your home. Some new guest towels perhaps or a new coat of paint in the bathroom or something bigger like that garden shed you have had your eye on! 

What are your plans for sprucing up your listing in 2020? 

We'd love to hear your input for an upcoming article. Thank you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

121 Replies 121

I like the "guide to art in the house" idea.  Ours is a 1914 cottage.  I'm slowly adding stained glass - 3 transoms and a shower window so far.  And we commissioned a painting for our little history corner.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Pushing the boat out here with curtains over the french doors!

Roxanne77
Level 4
Grand Junction, CO

After renting for one year and getting guest feedback, we finally added a TV. We also added down-alternative toppers to the beds. Touch-up paint, like someone else said, was necessary but not bad considering folks store their skis and mountain bikes inside the house. We added a dining area and upgraded the sofa. Hopefully that will be it for another year!

Fiona558
Level 2
Wilson, TX

I will be replacing kitchen counter tops with granite and cabinet doors with new in the kitchen. 

Fiona Smith

I love kitchen upgrades! 

Just as a thought - you may even want to consider some of the new laminate/formicas.... they have come a LONG way... they no longer have the dark seams and have added texture/depth to them.

I have "granite" laminates in my house by Formica and I'm amazed at the number of people who think it's real granite at first.  Fraction of the cost and no maintenance like sealing!

It's amazing how far they've come (vs. my own home where I have 60's formica with all the aluminum edging because they didn't know how to form it back then lol)

36ffdd25e585681208a7ba80bd8e114d.jpgil_570xN.1462095423_rfnm.jpg

Hank14
Level 3
Seabrook, TX

Does a new roof count?  Also removing 3 "trash" trees.  And adding more stained glass windows (it's a hobby).

Samantha638
Level 2
Florida, US

A new roof on patio and strained glass I love but haven't found an exact place where my strained glass would look. Was also thinking about a garden revamp I think roses just makes everything more brighter

May I ask what is strained glass? My curiosity it piqued! Is it a Florida thing like sea glass or something??

Chloe112
Level 2
Austin, TX

We love to host and have 5 star ratings due to Our beautiful park like backyard. 
We want the interior to feel like a warm beautiful space with a theme. - so we are planning an entire upgrade throughout the interior - new floors, new bathrooms, doors, countertops, fresh paint, modern lighting and ceiling fans - plus we are crawling into the attic to repair / revitalize AC duct work to ensure our master bedroom gets the cool air needed to cool  the hot Texas sun heat!

we can’t wait to show it off - it’ll be a quick turnaround - sure to excite our future guests!

Samantha638
Level 2
Florida, US

That's going to a great project you working on revamping and making everything fresh to all doing a revamp enjoy doing it, its a great way too to keep occuppied 

Patrick568
Level 10
California, United States

Already did a nice upgrade. Added new art and a white epoxy floor. New white epoxy floorNew white epoxy floor

Karen1027
Level 4
South Africa

We have done quite a number of improvements and mods to all our units. Always creating and improving and coming up with more and more innovative ideas. Here are a few..... From plain white walls to a rich dark grey with natural wood on the wall.From plain white walls to a rich dark grey with natural wood on the wall.Innovative decor idea - buy a wooden pallet, cut it up, nail it all together and you have a box. Fill it with plants, books,  soft LED light or whatever you fancy.Innovative decor idea - buy a wooden pallet, cut it up, nail it all together and you have a box. Fill it with plants, books, soft LED light or whatever you fancy.

Otteskov0
Level 2
Kampala, UG

Hello it's Aiman. Am New to Airbnb, hosting a property in Uganda (https://www.airbnb.com/s/Manyangwa-Road--Gayaza--Uganda?metadata_only=false&version=1.7.0&items_per_... link. 

It's a blessing to be here with you all😊

Kat26
Level 2
Carbondale, CO

I’m upgrading all our windows downstairs. I did the sliding glass door to the backyard a few months ago and I love it. So I’m waiting for April to update the windows and taking the fake rock off the house and replacing it with rusted aluminum. Can’t wait. We use our Airbnb money and put it back into the house for our guests.