Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

29d6431c_original.jpg

Hello everyone,

As we approach the end of the year (aw, I can’t believe I’m saying that), it’s pretty common to look ahead and think about plans for the upcoming year. Many people like to make new year resolutions, but when it comes to hosting, this can often signal a time to refresh your home. Some new guest towels perhaps or a new coat of paint in the bathroom or something bigger like that garden shed you have had your eye on! 

What are your plans for sprucing up your listing in 2020? 

We'd love to hear your input for an upcoming article. Thank you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

121 Replies 121

We just completed our upgrade by adding a wonderful pergola with a conversation pit and a fire table to our back yard. Prior to this there was nothing there but a few lawn chairs. We love the new look. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Please share a pick of the wonderful transformation @Rita597 !

-----

Nadine554
Level 2
Bangalow, Australia

I have recently undertaken a fresh coat of paint on all ceilings and changed my lights and fans which had ‘freshened up’ the space considerably. I’ve also hung fresh curtains & a blind. 

Dee129
Level 2
Carson City, NV

Love all the ways hosts make there spaces welcoming. Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen645
Level 3
Hamilton, Canada

If I can save up enough money I would like to upgrade my bathroom a little bit, and maybe new cabinets in the kitchen, we shall see

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

I'm going to spruce up my place a bit while C-19 runs its course.... here's a pic of what I'm planning to do to attract future guests

ETBs7UzWkAEJ8qm.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Gotta love Australian humor!

Sharon1014
Level 10

I've also thought about updating the wifi

ETA8kI5WkAATgqw.jpg

Sharon1014
Level 10

And then there's the artwork to upgrade...

Image-1 (1).jpg

Russell49
Level 10
Katoomba, Australia

Am I planning to "spruce up" my place in 2020???? With all the guest cancellations? With the lack of support from all this-yeah right! LMAO

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

The challenges of late have left me with mostly empty suites and and now that were on a time out at work, lots of time on my hands so I decided to shut one down to keep as a sick room in case my wife or I need to isolate from each other  (maybe just cause were gonna be spending allot more time together) and then Im renovating the entrance-way that is also our dining room.  It has 200 year old non insulated plaster and lath  walls that have been patched one or two times too many and the plank floor is in need of repairing, sanding and refinishing.   Its not the toughest or most expensive job I've done here but it will be messy!   Wish me luck, JohnIMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0666.jpgIMG_0665.jpg

Day 3, repaired damaged floor and began the gutting out process!  Horsehair Plaster and lath make a heck of mess, half the room is ripped!  I did find a bonus in the plaster crap, a hot wheels badge that some kid must have slipped into a crack in the wall in the 60's , its not a treasure but I did treasure my hot wheels back then!!!!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Melodie-And-John0 

This could be a topic of it's own! A daily update on your progress! Thanks for sharing John

-----

Day 5, rewired and ready for insulation!Day 5, rewired and ready for insulation!

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

back_porch.jpg

Wifey and I finished our outdoor chill out lounge for our guests. Fence is near completion too.