Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

29d6431c_original.jpg

Hello everyone,

As we approach the end of the year (aw, I can’t believe I’m saying that), it’s pretty common to look ahead and think about plans for the upcoming year. Many people like to make new year resolutions, but when it comes to hosting, this can often signal a time to refresh your home. Some new guest towels perhaps or a new coat of paint in the bathroom or something bigger like that garden shed you have had your eye on! 

What are your plans for sprucing up your listing in 2020? 

We'd love to hear your input for an upcoming article. Thank you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

121 Replies 121
Kim2265
Level 1
Ocala, FL

I’m painting baseboards and pressure washing house and pool deck. Getting a ceiling fan and some full length mirrors. I always ask guests what I could do to make their stay better. I’m going to make preprinted questionnaires with return postage paid envelopes.  Just see if I can get more information and stats on my own. I’m going to make an album with the anonymous returned questions/answers and have it available in the space for other tenants to see. Just want to try this. I think if new guests see that I’ve listened to prior company and adjusted suggestions in to reality I will even look that much more engaged in a positive Airbnb experience. 

Kevin1653
Level 2
Ontario, CA

Some great suggestions here! I will definitely be painting walls as they do get accidental cosmetic damage from guests. It is also a great opportunity to add some missing amenities such as a coffeemaker. 

Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

Hello hosts

I plan to start my first adventure with Airbnb.As soon as I've got my house .

I can't wait to get started  .They  say location is everything and I've taken thst into account .

Any tips on starting llisting would be much appreciated 

I plan to set up early next year

Your friend Jo Cerise .

We're planning to add a walking shower to the bathroom for the guess that prefer a quick shower instead a relaxing bath.

Tommy150
Level 10
Buffalo, NY

Definitely a deep clean end of month.  I have a guest here now for a week off platform (it's a good friend of mine that's  touring with a national theater company.)

I gave him a good rate and he was ok with my space being "in transition"

I just ordered a new sofa, new rugs, a few other various things - amping up the decorations and style now that ABB has done well for me... last year was my "test."

I've added a third bedroom to the listing and now split the listing with linked calendars available as a 2 or 3 bedroom.  I've udpated  a bedroom with two new Twin XL beds, bed frames, desk, etc. 

Master is getting a new vanity, some style updates... it's exciting to refresh it!

We're hopefully going to put a walk in shower instead of a tub and also a new floor in the bathroom. 

Alex-And-Rhea0
Level 10
Hakuba, Japan

We're going to renovate the bathroom in our Thunderbird Cottage. Vintage '60s  baby blue tile work and a bathtub fit for a Hobbit, it can also double as a beer cooler in the winter months,  thanks to the 2 very large single-paned windows.  I'll be one of those Japanese Capsule bathrooms, modern, bright and easy to keep clean and SMALL window.

Can't wait!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds wonderful @Alex-And-Rhea0 . Not going to lie, I saw the word "Hobbit" and my Tolkein senses started tingling. Would love to see pictures of before and after for this job!

Thanks

-----

Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

Hi there,

Well here we are at the near end of 2020.What a year,it has given me the opportunity to  move in and settle in to my new home for which i hope to host 2021.

Wardrobes going in and looking forward to diving in hosting fairly soon.

Full aware of the new  cleaning process just needed some  heads up advice that I need to consider please

regards Jo Cerise

@Stephanie We only bought our place last year and did a lot of renovations to it, but this winter we decided that we wanted to add a window between the main bedroom and the ensuite bathroom to give more like to the washing area. It looks amazing, and some guests who stayed there in the fall and are there again right now told us that it brightened up the whole area. 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh please do share a pic of the new window and its effect @Rich-and-Yan0 ! 

-----

@Stephanie Yes, we will. Oh, and we bought a new washer and dryer set, too. 🙂

I'll try to get a photo this weekend. Stay tuned.

hello all! HAPPY 2020 🙂

(just seeing this post now!)

for 2020 we have a few things on our list: 

1. being engaged more on airbnb community online & #IRL with community events 

2. just before NYE we did some cluttering, cleaning & painting

3. still more of this ^ stuff to do + reno kitchen: painting, new fridge ^_^ etc...

4. backyard oasis...

5. small lil tweaks to make the place feel more warm & welcoming, in these last few cold months left in Toronto! then SPRING will be in full SWING 🙂

Number 1 sounds great to me @Antonio-Minchala-and-Rac0 !

Can't wait to see the backyard oasis, we have some super keen gardeners here on the community. 

Thanks for sharing

-----

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Before the start of 2020 season we've removed and re-plastered two areas of the interior walls, redecorated, installed a new 3mx3m umbrella in the hot tub patio area along with cusomising its mount so that guests will be capable (although, not likely) to use it as they please depending on the weather. We used to erect a gazeebo but it was time consuming and if the skies were clear you couldn't watch the stars so easily. Saw my first exploding planet a few days back! 

The next project is to change the gas barbecue for a stone built charcoal one. Only one guest group last year actually cleaned the gas barbecue after them, so the new one being charcoal will be more difficult to use but only have a bar grill top to clean. We're extending the outside space by covering it with a couple of matching colour sun shades to the umbrella we've added, although they will be more likely to be used against rain rather than sun!

Improvements are continuous along with maintenance. With (obviously) not being like a hotel the homely character comes from a homely accommodation and not a more heavy duty 'contract' style. I think guests appreciate that.