Are you ready to be a guest again?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you ready to be a guest again?

Liv_0-1598282294664.png

Hey everyone,

Following some recent discussions in the CC, I know booking enquiries are gradually coming through and that some of you have hosted a few guests by now.

Travelling seems to be slowly picking up again, as most of us are probably yearning for a change of scenery (I know I definitely am) 😎

So I’m curious: have you traveled anywhere recently or are you planning a trip for the near future? If so, how far are you willing to travel?

Thanks,

Liv

23 Replies 23
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I've stayed at a couple of Airbnbs in my State of Maine this summer and I have more planned for the Fall. Quick getaways for 1 night, within a 2-hour drive, to explore areas that are so close but that I don't get to often. It's been a lot of fun. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 That sounds like a great idea 😊

Were you also able to benefit from less crowded spots considering that there are less tourists travelling right now?

@Liv 

Oh no, there are plenty of tourists. I managed to grab the only open night on the host's calendar. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 

Wow, that surprises me. Glad you were able to secure that open night and have some fun then 🙃

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

I've already stayed at an Airbnb: I rented a cottage a few weeks ago. I have another stay booked for September. Both are pretty local, within a couple hours' drive. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316 That's nice! 🐛

What sorts of activities did you do on your last trip? Were you mostly relaxing inside the cottage or did you explore the area?

@Liv I didn't do much. I have the three dogs, so finding a place to take them all is challenging. I was fine with it: it was good to have a break regardless. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316 That sounds perfect to me actually. A cottage filled with dogs is pretty much how I imagine heaven to be like 😂

Happy to know that you had a nice break!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Liv,

Yes, if it weren't for quarantines I'd travel and stay in an Airbnb.  It would have to be an entire space with no shared access, and doesn't have to display the enhanced cleaning badge, but I would favor a space that has at least 24 hours between bookings.  It would be my hope that the host/cleaner took more time to clean versus rushing to do a turnover in 3-4 hours. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Those are very good points, @Debra300. Would you also aim for a spot nearby?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Liv,

No, I wasn't too keen to travel locally in Georgia.  Under the guidance of the governor, the state was in the top five for spread of the virus and COVID-19 related deaths. Also, I couldn't visit other states as I would have liked.  As a result of the virus spread, many other states require quarantine for visitors or returning residents from Georgia.  

I had a European trip planned for this past April and May to go to Spain, Italy and Croatia.  I also wanted to pop over to Germany to celebrate a friend's milestone birthdat.  However, there are travel restrictions between these countries and the US from both sides of the pond.

I am currently in quarantine in St. Lucia.  Although I am treated well, it's surely not something that I want to do every time I want travel to another state or country.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That makes sense, @Debra300. I'm glad you're staying safe though 😊

And hopefully you'll be able to take that European trip in the future.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Liv 

To be honest, not really. I'm not planning any travel for leisure for the time being.

I have only had one work trip, for one night less than an hour's journey from home and that was at a hotel. It was interesting to see though how the hotel managed things and certainly a very different experience from what I'm used to. It was very quiet and remote and so, in a way, it felt safer being there than going to a local Supermarket in my busy, urban neighbourhood! But also, it really felt like the hotel had gone to a lot of effort in terms of safety, so that was really reassuring.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That must've been an interesting experience. I know a guy who found himself as the only guest of a 10 storey hotel during a work trip in the beginning of the pandemic! Good to know that it was quiet and that you felt safe 😊

What kind of safety measure did you find most reassuring?