Are you ready to be a guest again?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you ready to be a guest again?

Liv_0-1598282294664.png

Hey everyone,

Following some recent discussions in the CC, I know booking enquiries are gradually coming through and that some of you have hosted a few guests by now.

Travelling seems to be slowly picking up again, as most of us are probably yearning for a change of scenery (I know I definitely am) 😎

So I’m curious: have you traveled anywhere recently or are you planning a trip for the near future? If so, how far are you willing to travel?

Thanks,

Liv

23 Replies 23
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Liv

I've actually rented an Airbnb house this coming weekend to catch up with a group of friends I haven't seen since the virus outbreak. It's about 6 hours drive from where I live (which is actually not very far here). No plans to leave the state for quite some time as you can't come back without doing a strict 2-week hotel quarantine, but at least I live in a very large and beautiful state. So looks like I'll be travelling close to home for a while.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's great, @Kath9! I hope you have lots of fun catching up with your friends 😊

Please do let us know your impressions on the trip and how different it was getting back into travelling!

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

@Liv  I was planning a trip to a city in a different county, but the others cancelled it, unfortunately.

Next trip is to a different country on the same continent in December.

Both were stays at hotels.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear your last trip got cancelled, @Matt682! I hope you have fun on the next one though, let us know how that goes 😊

@Liv 

I've been looking at a sort-of staycation, but finding that listings/facilities are simply wrong.

If I tick 'hot tub' as a facility when searching my city, it produces 34 listings. The problem is that only 1 of them actually has a hot tub! Another one has a jacuzzi bath, which is at least similar.

So 94% of the listings are wrong!

For another city, 9 out of 23 listings are correct. A third, it's about 20% that are correct.

It's not a language issue, as these are UK listings.

Also, there's only 4 different facilities that can be ticked, so surely airbnb could ask for evidence that they exist before allowing a listing to go live?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Charles690,

Sorry to hear about your search experience. Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll definitely pass this on to the team.

I hope you have a lovely staycation 🙂

Best,

Liv

Another suggestion;

Would it be possible to have an 'or' option on facilities?

Hot tub OR pool

Also, what is the difference between amenities & facilities?

@Liv 

Unfortunately in S.Korea we've begun to see another spike in the # of confirmed cases these past few weeks so Henry and I don't see ourselves doing any non-essential travel anytime soon. We were really hoping things settled down a bit so we could take a short trip to Gyeongju this fall before the weather got too cold - all things considered it doesn't seem like a good idea to plan any trips for now. 😢

https://littleholidays.net/blog/gyeongju-south-korea/

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jessica-and-Henry0 I'm sorry to hear about that 😐

I'm glad you're both staying safe though. And hopefully you'll be able to take that short trip sometime soon, Gyeongju seems beautiful 🌼