As a Host I how do I change pending reservation to confirm

Catherine176
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

As a Host I how do I change pending reservation to confirm

I am a host and a possible guest is trying to confirm a reservation. He is a first time Airbnb user. I have been in conversation with his son and I am willing to accept his father with two verifications. How can I confirm this reservation?

Airbnb has not sent me an email of this pending reservation

6 Replies 6
Carrie1
Level 7
Philadelphia, PA

The host can't confirm a reservation unless the guest requests the reservation through the Airbnb site. If you have Instant Book enabled, the guest can just go ahead and book the room, and the reservation is confirmed when the guest pays Airbnb. If IB is not enabled, the guest will have to submit a reservation request, which you would accept, and the reservation would be confirmed.

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Catherine176 HI there, just to let you know that PENDING can also mean that the guests hasn't finished paying Airbnb as well.  That happens alot with folks from other countries booking in Canada and USA with a foreign credit card or using their Pay Pal. Just give it time, once the traveler has completed their obligation to pay in full everything to Airbnb, it will be approved by Airbnb and you will see the word ACCEPTED in your inbox.  You will also see an email from Airbnb confirming this booking.  Take the time to read through the many article on Airbnb to understand how this all works.  There are many helpful topics to answer your questions as a NEW HOST.  I did that when I was first signed up and it helped me alot.  Take Care, Momi, Superhost in Hawaii.  #LiveAloha #LiveThere 

@Carrie1  Thanks Carrie for being so awesome in helping another host.  

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

HI Momi,

Thank you for your advice. The problem is that this prospective guest has given Airbnb his credit card and now has 3 verifications: email, phone number and ID#.

The 12 hour pending reservation time lapsed and the dates were set as available. I contacted Fred and suggested that he once again try Instant Book. Which he did and once again it has come back as pending. This has never happened before and I'm beginning to get concerned.

Catherine

Just learned the hard way, if guest does not have certain kind the of online verification, airbnb will not permit the reservation to go through and it showed as pending. HOWEVER, in my case, airbnb took the guests money anyway. I contacted airbnb and they called the guest to walk them through verification. Guest wanted to wait until $ was in her account before trying to book again. I requested that airbnb offer guest a voucher. My guest had a review, but had not booked since 2015. This a recent policy change. Too bad hosts and guests have to find out the hard way.
Kathy-and-Greg0
Level 2
Mont-Tremblant, Canada

My guest booked for 4 nights and I accepted their request. It showed up as "accepted" in my inbox & their profile was booked on my Airbnb calendar so I could see their reservation info. Much to my dismay, the lady just contacted me to say she assumed the booking was a no go because she never received a "confirmamtion".

What did I do wrong?

@Kathy-and-Greg0  It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. You clicked on Accept and it showed as confirmed on your end. Either the guest's payment didn't go through or she doesn't know where to look for her confirmation information, or there was some glitch. Is the reservation still showing as confirmed and blocked on your calendar? The guest needs to phone Arbnb to sort it out, and you might contact them as well to find out what's going on if it's showing as booked on your calendar.