Asking an uncomfortable guest to leave

Buddy3
Level 1
Santa Rosa, CA

Asking an uncomfortable guest to leave

We have hosted for about two years and generally have not had problems with our guests. There are 5 of us housemates and We have a spare bedroom as the air bnb room. We have had a 19 year old student stay with us the last month and a half. The first month was great and we all got along fine and they requested to stay for the remainder of the school semester. The last few weeks, there has been discomfort between her and one of the housemates which has led the housemate to break up with her boyfriend (another housemate) and move out. The guest is not the only reason for the break up but it is the tip of the iceburg. I won't go into all the details but I'm just wondering if we can ask the guest to leave early, as she has caused discomfort with the people who live here.

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Of course you can, I am going to surmise that it will not be a surprise to the Guest.

David
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

With 6 people in one house something was bound to go sideways sooner or later. Not sure how one month of a complete stranger being in your house could have affected a relationship to the point of causing a breakup, but if that is where you need to point your blame then so be it. To answer your question: OF COURSE you can ask the person to leave. Call AirBnB without hesistation and end the reservation. They make it simple and painless. As adults you may want to have this conversation in person as well and just state "its not working and Airbnb is assisting in finding you suitable alternate accomodations. We wish you the best."