At last some sense re compulsory cleaning protocol

Belinda55
Level 10
Bundeena, Australia

At last some sense re compulsory cleaning protocol

Hallellujah! Following extended discussion earlier this year, at last some sense coming from Airbnb 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/COMPULSORY-enhanced-cleaning-protocol-unrealistic-for-ma...

Thank you!

In a nutshell:

• First, for mask wearing and social distancing ... we're asking Hosts and guests to follow local laws and guidelines.
  • Second, we updated our enhanced cleaning process ... Hosts will no longer be required to wear masks and gloves while cleaning or to wash every dish in the cupboard

I wonder how many hosts were actually following these absurd directives when it was not appropriate in their location? But we were all coerced into signing up for them.

This has been too long coming, now Airbnb reps will no longer have to tie themselves in knots trying to justify the policy 🙂

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Belinda55 for this update.

It's long overdue Common Sense and Rule of Law was exercised by all.

Nice to see you surface again here in CC.

Have recently hosted my first Aussie Guest in what seems like eternity, was delightful and a laugh a minute although they caught me on the backfoot booking - they gave me a 4 which I'm wrapt about because she was totally honest about our situation we both found ourselves in.

Hahaha.

Looking forward to sanity returning in the world

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Belinda55 You were one of the first people that came to mind as soon as I saw the announcement. I remember how strongly you felt about it. Glad to see you are pleased 🙂