How should handle calls from Atlanta Zoning?

Kim33
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

How should handle calls from Atlanta Zoning?

I have an Airbnb (whole house) of several years in the heart of Atlanta and have just received a call from the City of Atlanta Zoning.

Seeking anyone with similar experience to share ideas and experiences on how to handle.

38 Replies 38
Xiaoheng1
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Can anyone advise what the current situation is for airbnb rental?  We are in an Unincorporated communities in DeKalb County, Georgia. 

Is it still required to apply for business license as well a hotel license? 

After talking to a council member and to the person enforcing it, we would have to take it down till Airbnb resolve the issue with the city. If we don’t take it down,  we’ll be fined. You can do month to month, which is the minimum requirement but they don’t want anything to do with Airbnb or VRBO, not sure why. And someone here wrote they got fined. We will be taking ours down today after calling Airbnb CS.I  don’t have the energy to go to court and pay  fines. We will wait till it’s taken care of then come back. I believe sometime in March of 2022. If you come up on the searches, you will be in trouble according to the conversation. It’s all about the $. It sucks. Who’s behind all of this? 

Dekalb I doesn’t have any for now, but supposed to be coming Jan. 2023. Hopefully unincorporated will be exempt 

Sathya7
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

New to airbnb. . all new and creative ideas are welcome. want to explore

Elisabeth352
Level 2
Decatur, GA

Atlanta’s new STR restrictions begin March 1st, with a hard deadline of March 31st. **

For information regarding the ordinances: https://www.atlantaga.gov/home/showdocument?id=53344&t=637732653252142114

** [Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

@Elisabeth352  I'm sure the restriction info will be helpful to Atlanta area hosts, but you aren't allowed to advertise your management company on this forum. There is a no advertising policy.

My apologies- Just trying to help anyone who has an Airbnb in Atlanta but may need to find a local, 24/7 contact; for the ordinance

You need to delete your original post as it’s against the policy of this site.  Please remember to read the policies before posting anything. Just as hosts we expect our guests to read our listing rules  😉 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

@Momi0  Yes this one and the 2 other threads in 2 other forum sections they dredged up and spammed. 🙂

I just love how people try to drum up business for themselves under the guise of "just trying to help out".