August 2017 Community Center Highlights

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

August 2017 Community Center Highlights

Hello everyone,

We have had a little break from the monthly highlights, but I have been keen to bring it back into a regular swing, so I am please do share with you some statics from August.

August Highlights

A huge thank you to the top 20 contributors this month:

@David126@Linda108@Huma0@Jann3@Momi0@Jessica-and-Henry0@Farah1@Marit-Anne0@Alice-and-Jeff0@Christian65@Steve143@Jeff158@Branka-and-Silvia0@Helen3@Fred13@Jann3@Huaai0@Lawrene0@Gerry-And-Rashid0@Andrea9@Marzena4, @Momi0

It felt like a very busy month, lots of great things have been shared here in the Community Center. 

I would like to thank @Luke73 for creating some great topics sharing hosting tips:

Two amazing stories in particular came from @Nutth0 and @Natasha-And-Dale0:

• Nutth share a recent experience with a guest and how he over came a language barrier
  • Natasha shared an amazing story, which makes us realise it is a small world we live in!

Thanks to Branka, @Jeet0 and Momi for sharing recent feature updates you have seen on the Airbnb site, it fantastic to see the guides/overviews you have created and a great way we can all learn more and discuss further. Take a look here: Required Trip InformationContacting Airbnb just got easier, New block function 🙂

What a great month! 

Thank you to everyone who is part of our great community here, you make the CC what it is. Please do share any highlights or great posts you like here. 

Lizzie (& Quincy)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

1 Reply 1
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Dear @Lizzie and Everyone who reads her very kind post  

For the record, I did not pay her to write my name 3xs in that post.   LOL!!!!  and no, Lizzie is not my Public Relations rep....but I am incredibly flattered and thrilled that she feels I have been a postitive contributor to this wonderful community.  It is ALWAYS my goal to help each and every host in any way I can.   Thank you Lizzie for taking the time to acknowlege all these wonderful people that all have in one way or another helped me too.  🙂

And thank you to each and every host who has sent either a public message or a private message to me acknowledging that I have in some way made their hosting journey just a little bit easier with my posts....as one host/friend pointed out....Momi's very LENGTHLY detailed posts.  hahahaha   (can you guess I get paid to write?) 

Mango season may be done, but I was able to cut up 200 mangos to freeze so I can make my "Momi's Marvelous Mango Margarita" should anyone come to visit....oh wait....that's right, I am hosting an Airbnb host from Switzerland over Thanksgiving week....I''ll be sure to share what should be a fun fun photo with her and her newlywed husband.  So excited she chose our home to celebrate her honeymoon.   During the booking process, she wrote.. "I have come to realize during this booking process that I still have alot to learn about hosting, even more grateful I chose you Momi!"  - What a sweet thing for her to say.  

I'm glad she chose us too.  Can't wait to share our Thanksgiving holiday with them.  God, please don't let me burn the turkey! LOL

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook