August Home not sending my guests emails?

Avery46
Level 2
Lincoln, NE

August Home not sending my guests emails?

My second guest after installing new August Home smart lock and my guest got no email with door code.  There is no customer service phone, just chat bot and email.  Chat bot states it'll bump my concern up to an escalated call and response time is 3 days. 

3 days?!?!?  To start looking into my supported guest who arrives with 24 hours?

Anyone else have issues with August Home?

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Avery46 

Are we talking here about some device not sending emails how to grant access ?

It makes me feel good i provide normal keys to guest and meet them on arrival in person !

best regards,

Emiel

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Avery46,

Lovely to meet you.

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here, but I still wanted to come back to you, as I've heard that an issue with August emails to guests has recently been resolved. It would be great to hear any update you have on this from your side. Fingers crossed it's all working smoothly again. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

(FYI - @Emiel1...I hope you physical keys are still going strong too 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks for checking in on this.   The unsent messages were fixed.  Then recurred.  Were fixed again and thankfully it's been awhile since we had trouble but it was stressful enough to give me pause when considering another smart lock purchase.  

Julie4132
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

We just started hosting and using an August lock & Keypad, and so far no one who has booked has received a code. HAs anyone any idea if this is a recent problem that has yet to be fixed?

Thx

Hi @Julie4132,

I'm a new host and have the exact same issue as you.  Reading some old posts, this issue has been ongoing since 2017, so don't hold your breath on a fix.  I've called and emailed August support many times to no end.  Certainly regretting this purchase.

@Andrew2561 Lots of bugs. We need to change it, but spent money on two systems + keypads already