August Smart Lock

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

August Smart Lock

Hello! Does anybody use the August smart lock? We just installed ours today. We have been using a traditional key box and now want to have the option to ensure that our front door is locked at all times by having the August smart lock. I would like to ask for some advice on how to introduce/explain it to guests (that have smartphone/compatible phone for it)? They must install the August app on their phone, right? I appreciate any tips! 🙂

31 Replies 31
Ryan-and-Natalie0
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

I love the lock, Is there a way to change the automatic code to be shorter? 6 digit codes are too long. 

Devin-and-Sarah0
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

We have an August smart lock installed on our Airbnb front door. We give instructions in our Airbnb details informing guests to download the app for check-in. To be honest, a lot of guests already use the apps if they have traveled before. It's becoming more and more common. 

We found Z-wave and Remotelock smart locks to be the most common integration with Airbnb. If you are looking for details check out https://www.airbnbuniverse.com/smart-locks-for-airbnb

Devin & Sarah, Superhost and Bloggers