Australian hosting payouts.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Australian hosting payouts.

Here is an sms I am starting to send out to my future iminent reservations. This is for reservations that are to take place over the next 21 days......

Hello ………….. This is Rob your Airbnb host for your up-coming stay on…………. Due to an internal error within the Airbnb organisation, Australian hosts have not received hosting payouts since the end of October. As there has been no communication from Airbnb as to the cause or the expected rectification of this problem I have to inform you, your upcoming stay with us has been compromised to the point where we are not in a position to honour existing Airbnb reservations. I love my hosting and will always continue to provide the great experience that has got us where we are, but, we do need to be paid for the service we provide, we have costs that need to be covered.

I suggest at this point you cancel your existing Airbnb reservation and I will direct you to another hosting platform where the financial transaction will be more secure. I have a flexible cancellation policy which means you will be fully refunded for what I should have been paid by Airbnb and I will undertake to cover some of the loss of any service fees that Airbnb charged on your reservation.

I am sorry to have to bring this news to you but, the total lack of any help or information from Airbnb has forced us into this! Please attend to this urgently and I will help in any way I can.        Cheers……Rob  

I am sending another sms to guest reservations in excess of 21 days to inform them of the situation and to tell them I will keep them informed over the next 14 days of any possible resolution that Airbnb may be able to conjur up but at this point their reservation is secure!

Gee whiz, and to think the payout side of this business was the main thing we could rely on Airbnb for....I have said it before....every day teaches me something!

99 Replies 99
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Nice work @Robin4!

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Oh, did you see the email from Airbnb? I just saw it now! It's about time!

Hi Kath,

We’re currently experiencing a few delays related to sending payouts. And as a result, you may have gotten an email from us that your payout method was set to error.

In this case, you don’t need to do anything. We’re working to resolve the delay and will transfer payouts to your payment method(s) on file as soon as possible.

We’re sorry about the inconvenience, and we’ll send an update when we resolve this issue.

Best regards,

The Airbnb Team

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Robin4I've just received an email to say my payments have been made!  Hopefully it will turn up 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Gillian19

No nothing has come to me as yet. I will hold off for another hour but definitely no longer.

Cheers......Rob

did you get paid

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann-And-Mad0

Ann and Mad....well blow me down fancy you turning up here!!!  I am Sarah Shannons dad, did meet  you there a few years ago....how the hell are you?

Guys, I don't know if I have been paid or not! I received advice that 5 transactions are being processed but......they are processing them to the payout account Airbnb CX told me to replace and delete!!!! boing

This is turning out to be a real pebble in my shoe guys.

Lovely to see you here....Can't wait to tell Sarah about this...she is down in 'the Gong' now, well Caromal actually!  A fair way from Campbell Parade!

Cheers......Rob

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kath9

No, no such email has come to this email address, maybe they have written me off already Kath! If the payout method was quite ok and we didn't need to do anything, why did they tell us to reset it in the first place. Geeeeez this is a shambles, I can't see it getting sorted out soon. 

Current guests booked yesterday and are here for two nights, it was too late to warn them, I am warning all others though. Somehow we have to get across to these people that they can't do this and consider it is just another little glitch to fix. I can't begin to imagine what it has cost them in CX time...we are looking at 23,000 delayed payments and rising by the minute. 

Any competent organisation on the face of this earth has a back-up system. Good god, here in our local humble branch of Meals on Wheels with 129 clients, we back everything up to remote drive every night. 

I think, in the great scheme of things Kath, Australia is an incredibly small fish in a super big pond and I don't think they really give a shat....to be honest!

Cheers......Rob

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Robin4, I wonder why you didnt get one...? Have a look at your transaction history - mine says that all my pending payments are expected to go in on the 14th November - a week away, but still, better than not getting it at all...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

I have also posted this on another thread.

Well, just an update, it is now 7.00am Thursday 8th and still no joy. I have been onto CX Mikhail in Canada for the last hour with disappointing results. I have had to try another payout method and that will be pending for a day or two now. He kept disappearing, possibly for information and obviously did not have a handle on what is going on. He started off telling me all my payouts had been released and could be exepcted by 11.am on the 8th November. I then told him to look at my transaction history which still showed these 4 payouts as up-coming transactions....disappeared again and kept telling me to add another payout preference.

It is indeed unfortunate that this is the level of help that we can expect when a problem occurs. I feel I might have simply complicated things further by putting in another payout method.....but we can only do what the company representatives tell us to do! After all, who can we turn to if it's not the company's paid support staff.

Cheers......Rob

Terry23
Level 6
Glenelg North, Australia

I haven't got that email. You would think that would be the first thing Airbnb would do though, send an email to all Australian hosts explaining the situation.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

I am still trying to be pleasant an understanding, I don't want to burn any bridges, but my heart is sinking more and more.

Is this a wooden response......or is this a wooden response!

CS support.png

I am not hopeful that this will result in any more information than the company has already seen fit to hand out! This must surely be a major event, I cannot believe support are not just a bit more forthcoming!

Oh well, I will go and make some meals for old people....that might put me in a better frame of mind!!

Cheers......Rob

Airbnb are you paying attention? Bizzare if you aren’t. 

Robert1315
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

it is a massive computer glitch if there was ever one! the extremelly non communication form airbnb platform has been hard to take 

Agree wholeheartedly.