Australian hosting payouts.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Australian hosting payouts.

Here is an sms I am starting to send out to my future iminent reservations. This is for reservations that are to take place over the next 21 days......

Hello ………….. This is Rob your Airbnb host for your up-coming stay on…………. Due to an internal error within the Airbnb organisation, Australian hosts have not received hosting payouts since the end of October. As there has been no communication from Airbnb as to the cause or the expected rectification of this problem I have to inform you, your upcoming stay with us has been compromised to the point where we are not in a position to honour existing Airbnb reservations. I love my hosting and will always continue to provide the great experience that has got us where we are, but, we do need to be paid for the service we provide, we have costs that need to be covered.

I suggest at this point you cancel your existing Airbnb reservation and I will direct you to another hosting platform where the financial transaction will be more secure. I have a flexible cancellation policy which means you will be fully refunded for what I should have been paid by Airbnb and I will undertake to cover some of the loss of any service fees that Airbnb charged on your reservation.

I am sorry to have to bring this news to you but, the total lack of any help or information from Airbnb has forced us into this! Please attend to this urgently and I will help in any way I can.        Cheers……Rob  

I am sending another sms to guest reservations in excess of 21 days to inform them of the situation and to tell them I will keep them informed over the next 14 days of any possible resolution that Airbnb may be able to conjur up but at this point their reservation is secure!

Gee whiz, and to think the payout side of this business was the main thing we could rely on Airbnb for....I have said it before....every day teaches me something!

99 Replies 99
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Pip6 for the update, I'm very pleased to hear you have received your payment and everything is back on track again. 

Happy hosting. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi @Lizzie, I think that for me, the main problem isn't in delayed payments. Things can happen, I accept that. But the managing of it from Airbnb's side leaves a little to be desired. Better to be honest and straightup about things, such as the reason. Was it a hacking thing, was it because of the TaxOffice linking things up (I thought they did that anyway), rather than QS telling people different and confusing things. Did they not inform QS either?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sandra126

Precisely Sandra, the amount I was owed at the time was less than $1,000, that was no big deal.

The big deal was, with every passing day my faith in the company was being 'White-Anted' away.

If they had kept up a daily bulletin board for Aussie hosts, or at the very least kept their customer support staff informed, none of these threads would have got off the ground. Nobody is going to demand blood out of a stone if we are kept in the loop, we won't be happy but, we won't be clutching at straws becoming ever increasingly annoyed looking for answers.

I felt really sorry for @Lizzie over this. She can't tell the community what she can't tell the community! She can only relay information as it comes to her....and she did.

She is not paid to be the 'frontman'/woman for Airbnb, she is just paid to run the forum and I am so thankful that she was so professional and did not start resorting to guesses like half the support staff did.

I don't feel the security I thought I had three weeks ago, and Sandra, you are right, the handling of it leaves a little to be desired!

Cheers......Rob

Hi Lizzy,

@Lizzie 

Do you know if changing payout to a paypal account will actually work? as I have not been paid into my bank account now since 31st October?

Is it worth the effort to set up a pay pal account?

thanks in advance for your reply.

Kerrie

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kerrie29

Oh Kerrie.....this is absolutely disgraceful that you still have not been paid. This is bordering on fraud on the part of the company. 

I am guessing but what has happened you have been intouch with customer support a couple of times and each time they tell you to put in place another payout preference and each time that happens the whole benk verification thing has to happen again!

PayPal payouts were not affected Kerrie and as loath as I am to tell you to set up yet another payout preference this may be the only way. But that will still involve another wait as it takes 2-3 days to get a notification from Paypal that they have your money. You then have to withdraw it to your bank account and that takes another 2-3 days. I can't see anything arriving for you in the next few days if you go down that path.

I don't know what is the best to suggest. Airbnb are simply stonewalling the whole event, saying nothing and just letting the computer payout system handle things the way it normally does.

What is the status of your payouts at the moment in your transaction history Kerrie? Are they showing as up coming transactions or are they showing as 'processing'?

I am so sorry you are still going through this Kerrie, some technical regulator really needs to slap Airbnb over the knuckles over this, fine them a massive amount of money, they bloody well deserve it!.

Cheers.....Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.  The payments, 4 now are just sitting in upcoming payments with dates that have long past!!!

I am so disappointed as I have had a good experience with air bnb to date.  But on researching this topic, it looks like it happens regularly and all over the world.

I wonder if it is to do with the way air bnb invests money.  They decide to hold longer at certain times for their own benefit?

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

I totally agree with you Sandra and Rob. I wonder if Airbnb will show us the courtesy of explaining what happened. I don't think so. I guess we'll just have to continue to wonder. Anyhow, my money's in the bank now, thank goodness and I'm happy again. 💲👏😊

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dixie7

I am so pleased to hear that Dixie, surely there can't be too many who have not received payouts by this time. It is fairly certain we will not hear anything about this from the company after this amount of time.....'problem is fixed, lets move on' will, I think be their attitude.

Back to hosting, hey Dixie....good luck.

Cheers.....Rob

Hi. I am still having this problem, however on my account with Airbnb it states the payment has been processed. I am still waiting for payment from 3 weeks ago. Each time I escalated I was advices what I could see on my account. I was told that the error was with my bank, which it was not. Airbnb have only just now taken interest in it and escalated. What is frustrating is that there is a lot of time from my end to chase up. I feel like Airbnb doesn’t care because they have their Money. I am now considering a new platform for future management. 

Hi, I am still having payout problems also for November & getting the run around from Airbnb Support.  I have updated my new bank details countless times which have been a waste of time.  I am now being told to just wait till I receive a email to state the problem has been fixed then change my details once again.  They had no idea when the problem will be fixed but as usual were very apologetic. This is not good enough !!