Authentic Experiences & Local Tours

Monica124
Level 1
New York, NY

Authentic Experiences & Local Tours

Hello! I was wondering if other hosts enjoy helping their guests plan their trip by giving them advice on where to visit, what to do, etc? 

I would love to connect with people in NYC who like to suggest authentic experiences to their guests, in order to make their visits unforgettable! 

Hope to hear from you! Thanks!

Monica

4 Replies 4
Diane66
Level 2
Littleton, CO

I send my guests a welcome letter with the need to know stuff for their stay. At that time I drop in a line or two with suggested events that are happening during their stay. They seem pleased by that.
Mary158
Level 1
Enniscorthy, Ireland

Yes I would always advise the guests on where to go.  Local attractions are many but some not worth the money charged.

Pat41
Level 1
New York, NY

My apartment is uptown, and I give the guests a list of local bars and restaurants, places of historical interest, and I've got a friend who does tours of the Cloisters, the Hispanic Society, The Morris-Jumel Mansion, snd Arthur Avenue (the Little Italy of the Bronx). Hopefully, this will entice some guests!

Hey Pat, thanks for answering to my post! Since you are in NY, I would actually like to invite you to a meetup I am planning for hosts who, like you, enjoy giving their guests ideas on what to do. Let me know if you are interested! We are going on a tour of the Lower East Side on August 7th. Best!