Automate Cleaning Dates for Housekeepers

Automate Cleaning Dates for Housekeepers

Hello fellow Airbnb Hosts!

I have a few listed units and it's becoming somewhat of a tedious task to keep checking my Airbnb calendar for new dates for when my cleaner needs to go over and clean. 

Does anyone know of a more automated way where I could get her a list of cleaning dates? 

I’ve offered to give her the calendar link so she could add it to her phone’s calendar, but she’s not comfortable with that. She wants a list of the dates. 

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Benjamin 
35 Replies 35
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

If the cleaner will not use the calendar feed I don't think there is any kind of an automated solution. What you could do is get in the habit of booking the cleaner whenever you take a new booking. ie: when AirBnB emails you that you have a booking, you send an email to the cleaner scheduling them to clean for the day that the guest checks out. 

Doing it that way as opposed to sending a list of dates every month or something would give the cleaner as much notice as possible and it would also place the onus on them to add the cleaning dates that you email to the cleaners schedule.

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

Oh... But that's so tedious.

Putting the onus on others is brilliant strategy.

Susan263
Level 2
Joshua Tree, CA

It's not automatic and it's another task all together but during our busy season this year started a cleaning calendar.  The calendar is kept on Google Calendar and notifiies my cleaner when modified.  In our application, it's a tool not only for when to clean but for other notes like who's coming in next, special requests, remiders, etc.  She can view it anytime on her phone or computer.  

I suppose you could export the AirBnb calendar to Google but that will show the actual bookings... not necessarily your cleaning dates.  

I'm not sure this method is the best, but was pretty handy during heavy activity.  ~Susan 

Hello, I realize this is an old thread.  If by chance you or anyone who sees this has a moment, has a better solution emerged since you were able to innovate the finger/mouse-driven integration of the AirBnb calendar with Google (the best) calendar?

I have worked out a solution for this issue and it does not cost an arm and a leg to use. The cost per month starts at $9.00 per month. We are using Gmail as our email solution, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. It is working great and it is saving us alot of  time. It does take some time get this all set up and the support team with Integromat are very responsive and will assist you with your inquiries for assistance. 

1. Integromat workflows (similar to IFTTT but more robust) [IFTTT.com = If this then that]
    1. See the image below
      1. Integration Gmail - Workflow that reads the incoming email with the subject line "Instant Booking Confirmation" 
        1. The information (Name, Dates, Listing Title, etc.  is then parsed out to a managable format and then routed to the appropriate spreadsheet tab for the listing. 
      2. The other workflows read the spread sheet tabs and then connects to the appropriate Google Calendar and creates the event and adds the cleaning dates and times for the cleaning crew.
        1. It can be setup that it can send an email to the cleaning crew when something is added to the calendar.

listing.png

integration-Email.pngIntegration of Gmail

whole-house.png

Whole House Sheets to Calendar

Calendar View

Calendar-view.png

WOW

Tim209
Level 7
Honolulu, HI

@Benjamin---Modern-Fox-Re0 Hey, we were totally having the same problem so we wrote some software for ourselves that automatically schedules our cleaners. We decided to release it free to the public to use, so check it out at TurnoverBnB.com

it doesn't dfo more than one listing at a time!  I liked idea but i have 7 listings so it's a bust.

Hey @Lisa75, a lot of people vary their settings for each property, so that's why the calendar import is the way it is - one at a time. But maybe a multi-calendar upload feature wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Anyway, you can email us your rental calendars, and I'd be happy to put them in for you. 

Tim

Just watched the vid.  This is exactly what I need!  Thank you!

Hi Tim, The app is great!  Is there any way to have it load the cleaning dates into my google calendar?

Thanks

Kathy

@Kathy214 We currently don't have the feature, but we can put it on our list of things to do 😉

Tim

Hi

I just loaded this up and it was simple to set up. Have sent invitation to my cleaner so lets see how it goes. Happy so far. So glad I didn't have to set up a excel spreadscheet!!!