Automated messages

Automated messages

I find myself always sending out the same messages over and over. Now the relatively new 'saved messages' is great, but it would be nice if some of it could be automated, so the relevant information can be dished out at the appropriate time:

1. Booking Confirmation: straight after a booking is made, it would be nice to send a confirmation message to say thank you for picking us, along with address and travel tips.

2. Check-in Reminder: 24 or 48 hour before check-in, a message about check-in time and how to obtain keys.

3. Arrival message: the day after arrival, send a check-in message make sure everything is going well

4. Check-out reminder: the evening before check-out (say 18 hours before your typical 10~11am check-out time), a reminder of the check-out time, how to return key, and good bye have a nice trip etc.

5. Thanks them for staying with us and let them know we left them a 5 star review.

13 Replies 13

I found http://superhosttools.com which does exactly what I want.  So far it's been workign really well and it's free!

They charge $18 which seems really high to me.  

Ryan689
Level 1
Boise, ID

This article has three companies/ services that do Airbnb automated messages:  https://www.rentalrecon.com/airbnb-hacks-hosts/

Denise744
Level 1
Valmozzola, Italy

Were these issues ever resolved internally by Airbnb? I feel the same way about automated messages, and I can not seem to find anything that allows me to set them up with each of my listings in Italy?!

Enzo119
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Yes, Dear Airbnb you definitely need to do something about it , even like booking , it is very simple and fit almost host requirement 

Jamie479
Level 1
Norwich, United Kingdom

Nothing from Airbnb here?

Lola230
Level 2
Smyrna, GA

I use smartbnb 

yes it’s $18 per month but I love the ability to grow into it as we plan to own and operate several Airbnb properties. It supports and integrates with HomeAway as well. Well worth the $18. It’s literally the reason I maintain a 100% response rate. Several guest shoot me an inquiry in the dead of night. What am I, a vampire??!?! Lol! 

It's odd because we also do AirBnB EXPERIENCES and they DO have automated messages capability! AirBnB - get on it...we know you can! 

Dot14
Level 1
Rossendale, GB

I agree - This feature would be really time saving and helpful

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

It would help a lot. Booking has it, ABB should have it too.

Torrey4
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Any update here this seems like a no brainer to have this functionality built into airbnb itself. 

Logan103
Level 1
Austin, TX

It is built in now. Not sure when it was added but its in the Inbox tab and its called Scheduled messages. I had some trouble today looking for where this feature was. Clicking on the hamburger menu it's at the bottom of the Inbox left menu. 🙂

Ffion2
Level 1
Swansea, United Kingdom

I would love a 'scheduled message' for when someone just makes an enquiry. I may be being dumb but I can't find this anywhere - Is this a problem for anyone else?