Availability and Taxes (VAT)

Availability and Taxes (VAT)

I listed my home in the Turks and Caicos. I set the availability and when a user selects available dates and clicks through, they get a message that the dates are no longer available.

Also, where do I put the additional 12%  VAT tax that needs to be charged and paid to the govenment?

2 Replies 2

I guess no one has responded yet as I'm looking for the same info.. After reading through some of the Airbnb blurbs about collecting local taxes, we have to ask for it ourselves (as hosts) from the guests which I am not completely happy about. I wish Airbnb would allow us to request it in the "Extra Charges" section. The guests should know at time of booking. Maybe we should include it in our pricing?

Jeremy583
Level 2
London, Canada

@Chrischelle0  @Bernadette-And-Simon0  Hi there, I know that the posts you have above are VERY old but I thought I would email you to see if you still have issues with your listings.

I operate Gracehaven Villas Ltd in TCI and we have our own rentals which are highly successful. We regularly achieve  80-90% monthly occupancy and have already 500 nights booked for 2022 across 2 properties at premium rates above the local competition. Also, our 2022 average booked rates have increased 67% over 2021 rates.

I am extending our operations to offer listing management / co-hosting / property management for other owners who are interested in increasing their revenues on vacation rentals in Turks and Caicos and who are not deemed to be direct competitors for our own properties.

I thought I would reach out to see if you or other owners you are aware of have any interest in this.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions either here or at   jeremy@gracehavenproperty.com