Awaiting payment?

Melissa494
Level 1
Papamoa, New Zealand

Awaiting payment?

Help! We have a guest who has booked to stay but there booking is showing as “awaiting payment”. We are in NZ and the guest has booked from Lao. The guest is intending on staying and is trying to make payment on her side but she says there’s no “pay” option. Why is it saying “awaiting payment?!!!

4 Replies 4
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Melissa494

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/363/what-does-each-reservation-status-mean

Awaiting Payment: A host chose to accept a guest's reservation request, but the guest's payment didn’t go through. The guest has 24 hours to successfully update their payment information for the reservation to be accepted. Otherwise, the reservation will be canceled without penalty.

Robert973
Level 10
Elgin, IL

There's a problem that comes up frequently, where a potential Guest books a room, but does not have a valid form of payment. When this happens, AIRBNB's current policy allows the potential Guest to block the dates of the Host's calendar without offering a good faith payment that complies with the Cancelation Policy. They can hold dates and block up the calendar, right up to the Check-in date, EVEN LATE IN THE DAY WELL AFTER CHECK-IN TIME, and then, suddenly cancel without any consequences. Normally, they should lose their first day's payment and half of the following days, but it's a loophole that can be used to avoid any loss in accordance with the Cancelation Policy. This frequent scenario causes harm to the Host, whose calendar was blocked by the potential Guest without any responsibility or loss. I believe AIRBNB should never accept any reservation without payment, or at least, never do so within the 5-day period immediately before the Check-in time. This would comply with the Cancelation Policy and protect the Hosts from such abuse and harm. I hope they'll consider adjusting the Policy, as such.

Dellie0
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

It has happened to me frequently and they never come up with the money. Sometimes it is multiple people sharing the cost of the room and one won't pay. As a host, there is nothing we can do. I don't understand why airbnb seems to not care about the hosts.

Fabian200
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi , is there any clear solution to this issue, I am now sitting with a 14 day booking that was supposed to start yesterday. still showing Awaiting Payment , the gust has tried to contact AirBnB, the answer was " don't worry, will be sore shortly" that was yesterday, my calendar still booked for 14 days, no payment yet ,  

Any suggestions, should I cancel the reservation  or get he guest to cancel and try again ??