BAD GUESTS!

BAD GUESTS!

We had a really bad guest in our house and left a HUGE mess and I was left with a large cleaning bill and I involved air bnb after the guest refused to pay! The guest was NOT happy form the start wantng discounts and free things and then left the house a total mess! Air bnb rejected my claim so I not only hosted this guest I actualy lost money! Has anyone else had this happen to them?! 

Thank you

111 Replies 111
Luis991
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

News in time of covid. My last guest (this weekend) was in that way from minute zero . All was bad for the group and ask for a refund of 200€. And I respond all questions they need. I finally accepted partially and gave back 142€ as it was not my first ‘drama guest’ the way I call em. Well despite of all the last review needs 10 minutes to be read. The treat me as snake and sent me SMS messages with menace to report to authorities my house as a Covid Spot...Drama guests attack again with new ideas... One thing left me open eyes is that they said we Don’t have coffee machine and we have Nespresso and a Italian for 12 person...but they wanted an american style one. Well for me, the BAD of all this is that Airbnb only hears the guests usually. Still waiting answer from resolution center as I feel absolutely insulted and abused. Sure airbnb will leave this as is. Should be a register of Drama Guests. 

@Luis991  Ha. Well, that guest with his review the length of a short story only screwed himself, because almost no one is going to read through all that and it just makes him look like a "nothing's ever good enough" complainer. 

Question- I noticed that you don't leave reviews for any of your guests- why is that? Do you realize that other hosts look at a guest's reviews to decide whether to accept their booking or not? By not leaving an honest review, you do all hosts a disservice by not warning them of terrible guests (or promoting good guests). So those bad guests get accepted to other homes and make themselves a pain in the butt for other hosts, just like they did for you.

I would like to encourage you to start leaving reviews for your guests, please.

Luis991
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

Hi @Sarah977  i always or almost leave review after the guest gives me the evaluation. Can’t see em?

Thanks

Luis

@Luis991  No, I can't see them, but I'll check again on the guests' profile pages. I use a Chrome extension called Air Review, that shows all the reviews and responses on the same page- so on your profile page, where I read that guest's drama review, and your response, it says "Luis didn't leave a review " after all of your guest's reviews.

But now I just clicked on your guests' profile review pages, and I see you have left reviews, so there is obviously some glitch with that Air review app.

So my fault for not researching further and thanks for leaving reviews 😆

Hope you get non-drama guests in the future. 

Roger-L-0
Level 1
Riverdale, GA

Ugh this has been a horrible Thanksgiving my family and I air bnb our home to a guest for 5 days while we visited out home country of Panama. Prior to the reservation the guest price was discounted due to my error. The guest complained the the pricing of our home had changed before she could confirm with her family the pricing and I wanted To ensure the received the same rate they had been offered initially (unaware of the scam). As a new host I played Around with the air bnb app and began to alter the price to what she had been seeing on her screen (first mistake). I ended Up discounting the stay over 600 bucks. She had exclaimed that her mother had died the previous year and this was the first time her family would get together since her death. I did Everything to accommodate the assumed 12 people that I expected To stay I paid A cleaning crew to clean my home, bought new sheets, pillows, laundary detergent, and body wash for their family. my wife left an amazing bowl of fruit and one of my bottles of Don Julio just to be nice the bottle was not full as I’m a light drinker and had only one or two shots from it I also Left in my refrigerator my margarita mix thst my wife and I drink I told Her she could make use of it during her stay (it had been opened). She said they don’t drink from open containers but they finished the Bottle of Don Julio WHICH WAS OPEN AS WELL! Nevertheless, she she asked me for the key password a day earlier and gave it to her extended guest  that arrived days before her  the guest began to I idis tell complain about the almond milk and food left in my refrigerator. There was two almond milk containers one that was expired 4 days (for my dog and one that my family used. I told them they could throw out the expired milk to make room in the refrigerator for their things. Shortly after she began to complain about the over spray from painted cabinets cleanliness of my home exclaiming that I should have paid her to clean instead of the cleaning company i used. I asked her if she’d like me to send another cleaning crew to clean and she declined and said she has done all the cleaning already i knew she was lying as i watched the cleaning crew clean and they left my home in top top shape!  I then Began to get calls about my security cameras! She claimed to have no privacy at all I my home.  I informed Them that the location of each camera was disclosed in the listing and sent a screen shot of it. She replied that she didn’t read that part.  She then began to complain about cleaning the pots and pans! By now, my wife had had enough and wanted me to ask them to leave our home. Unfortunately I did Not and it got worst! She began to call me racially charged names and complained about the decor of our home! I’m not sure how Americans women are but in my country we clean pots and lands before we use them. By the next day the guest that reserved out home had arrived and she and her guest asked me give them partial payment back because she  “pretty sure” that my home was infested with bedbugs! I checked The cameras and saw that she and her family was utilizing the blankets and bedrooms at the time of this request! I knew She was simply trying to get things discounted and I simply didn’t respond. Her complaints went from expired almond milk to accusing me of having bedbugs in my home. Shortly after a delivery guy arrives with 7  tables and chairs and over 26 guest arrived at my house! They partied hard and it didn’t look like a family mourning the death of the matriarch of their family but that is none of my business they stayed the entire trip even three days after their initial complaint of bedbugs using my families blankets all the while! I’m not expert in the study of insects but I would Never allow my family to stay in a home or hotel with bedbugs. She accused me of being a peeping Tom for monitoring my cameras. She placed tape over the doorbell camera and attempted to remove the camera facing the entry points of the home. After not responding and asking them to take up their concerns with air bnb she began to call me a **bleep** I asked Her to have a happy holiday and refused to communicate with her she sent me a request for 99% of her money back after completing her stay I simply Declined! This was a horrible GHETTO guest that has ruined my experience with air bnb

Vivian860
Level 5
Richmond, ME