BEWARE TO ALL GUESTS AND HOSTS. AIRBNB CONFIRMATION CLANGERS

BEWARE TO ALL GUESTS AND HOSTS. AIRBNB CONFIRMATION CLANGERS

Recently had a nightmare experience with AIRBNB . About to blank out a room on the calander and found that airbnb had booked in some guests without sending any confirmation to us. We were able to put them in alternative rooms, but not what they had paid for. Prior to the guests arrival , i phoned  and sent emails to this company. The customer service was absolutly appalling. They even accused me of mis management. After checking every message and calanders etc, i found that two more bookings had no confirmation emails.  Lessons from our experience with this internet company , would never do ANY instant bookings with this company,  AND all guests booking with this outfit to get a CONFIRMATION message from the HOSTS. At least the guests will be assured that they will have somewhere to stay

3 Replies 3
Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

I don;t understand.  Your saying that airbnb handled the booking or are you saying that the guests used instant booking and you didn't get a notification?  If airbnb did it on behalf of the guest, what was their reason?  Was the other guest cancelled on by a host and airbnb had to find them a new place?  I have instant booking set up and I have received a confirmation instantly every time.  But I have never had airbnb simply insert guests into my calendar.

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

I've never heard of that. I always get an auometed message of a new booking from Airbnb, plus (usually) a message from the guest at the same time. I have my settings so that I get those messages each time. Seems straight forward to me. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

I always get an e-mail form Airbnb, push notification from the Airbnb app and an SMS all at the same time when a guest makes a reservation, it is impossible to miss it. But I have read here before that reservations just seem to pop up at hosts calendars without any notice. To be honest I don't know how is that posible since there are 3 ways of getting the information and I feel confident that even if i dont get the push notification, I will get the e-mail or the SMS. Up until now, and it has been 3 years, Airbnb never missed a single notification.