BEWARE -photographers are using Airbnbs as locations for erotic photo shoots to avoid location fees!

Noreen18
Level 2
Dallas, TX

BEWARE -photographers are using Airbnbs as locations for erotic photo shoots to avoid location fees!

Hosts,

In your house rules, state "NO PHOTO SHOOTS" in case this isn't plainly obvious to all. I have had a few inquiries ask about shoots and have declined because you just don't know who will be in your house and also, they are just trying to avoid paying you a proper location fee which would be over $1000. (I was paid $1500 for an outside shoot).  However, recently I had two sneaky guests who were here on "business" but because the Airbbnb is my back house and I work from home I got to see what their "business" was and told 5 big busted women to kindly leave. I took photos of their text messages from my guest (they were so thick they let me do this) telling them to meet at my house- sorry, my "dope place"- and to bring lots of bras and underwear.  They both denied taking any photos in Airbnbs but I was able to trace their naughty sites and match up naughty photos to the listing photos of previous unsuspecting guests.  I reported both guests but Airbnb hasn't banned them yet which is weird because the evidence was so damning. Hell, even giving out your security code to someone is a violation worth banning. Any guest on your property without your permission is trespassing. A crime. Any photo taken on your property is YOUR property unless you are paid for it. It is illegal for them to publish without your consent and permission. Know your rights!

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Noreen18

Noreen, I had never even thought about that, and I guess you do raise a good point. 

The thing I can't understand is, why they target your listings. Don't get me wrong, they are both lovely listings in their own way but there is nothing about them that would make them a magnet for photo shoots. They are neither 'sexy' enough or spectacular enough to gain that sort of attention, they are just lovely pleasant listings.

Could you somehow have inadvertantly got yourself onto some sleazy internet site where possible photo locations could be shared?

I am not trying to be un-kind Noreen, I just can't see a reason that they single you out. 

I have guests here (including the odd big busted female) who take many photos in our garden but as far as I am concerned that's fine, take as many as they like.

Maybe it's something I should think about, just never crossed my mind before!

Cheers....Rob