Back from break and nothing has changed.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Back from break and nothing has changed.

I took a 6 month break from AirBnB because i was purchasing and renovating my house and it seems not much has changed with the guests.

My first booking and the guest arrives at 0900 unannounced asking for a early check in. Thats 6 hours before standard check in and 3 hours before we agreed. Nevermind the fact of just showing up without texting or calling. Thankfully,  i heard them milling about and let them know to come back in a few hours. The other inquiries are all the same as well asking 20 questions and looking for a discount then NOT booking, asking odd questions  like "do you have a couch?" and another person  stating they are really interested but they have to put money in the bank and will get back to me. In the meantime someone booked there spot and AirBNB doesnt even close the inquiry. Its nice to see things havent changed. 

10 Replies 10
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Welcome back @Zacharias0

I have missed your cynisism. 

Very refreshing

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Awwww, thanks Paul! 🙂 

Just got another message that another guest wants to check in at 0800. Nevermind the fact that I could have a guest the night before and they  could have booked the night before or asked BEFORE instant booking. 

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Zacharias0 You have not miss anything at all! Airbnb has promise that they were planning to introduce a Superguest problem and till now i havent seen any Superguest or heard about anything concerning this update.

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

Perhaps it's your attitude or something you're doing.   Your post does not reflect my experience at all.  Or perhaps it says something about the type of people who vacation in Las Vegas.  

just because it isnt your experience doesnt mean its not happening around the world. the attitude of the host or the guest destination has nothing to do with guests arriving earlier than usual. that could happen to the best of hosts. it has more to do with lack of communicatiom from the guest. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Zacharias0welcome back 🙂 we missed you

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Zacharias0 Welcome back. No, the human race has not changed, not so far this year anyway; but we still have 7 months to go. The night is young. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Love-hate relationship with Airbnb!

Thought it was just me. Hmmm although I do get the part that guests are not only traveling miles away, but also quite anchious to get settled in. It just makes since to understand that those host such as myself tend to have what I abbreviate as "IBG" In Between Cleanings where when one guest checks out @12noon the next guest will arrive anytime after 2pm. But it never fails they either just show up early or message me during my sleep mode insisting they must check in ealry. What I have found to work in both favors is to offer storage of their luggage and conntinue cleaning. Being it's Las Vegas i'm pretty surethey can find something to do. After all upon booking the time was agreed through all parties. 

Before i accept a booking i always write a summary of our house rules. Shared house, shared bathroom, private bedroom, parking on green patch in front of our house, a lovely cat that they will sharing the house with. 

Cant you write before tgey book or after ....have to clean room....blabla. really strict check inn time from  ... tilll ...

I also ask them to contact me 1 hour before arrival. That way i do have a life and go out do things. Most of our guests do it. But off course cannot compare where we live to vegas. We are not fully booked and most of our booking are last minute. 3 to 2 days before