Bad Review just starting out?

Bad Review just starting out?

I just started renting my property and am always there at the property when my guests need. I am there to greet them, feed them breakfast lunch and dinner at no charge, have the place cleaned top to bottom, and provide them with directions around the area. I’ve gotten nothing but glowing reviews the first 5 people that have come in.

Then came a lady - clearly high on drugs - who left beer bottles everywhere, was coughing up a storm, left all her trash everywhere, and was straight up nasty to me. I hadn’t little interaction with her but she claimed she had the flu and was “freezing.” 

She left a review that she would “never” stay at my place again because “the heating was broken” and “it was freezing.” I have never had anyone say that and besides, she was clearly ill. My heating was definitely not broken or I never would have hosted.

Being new, I tried to respond to her review but I only had 30 days and it’s maybe the 31st day. I’ve already had one person inquire that they “might just want to try it out and may end up staying elsewhere” because “my heating is broken.” That’s totally not true and honestly this guest was one of the most difficult I’ve ever had.

How do I handle this? I am barely getting any booking inquiries.

thanks so much!

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Melanie468   I tried to look for her review, but your account is not active. Did Airbnb shut your listing down because they believed her that you had no heat?

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Sarah977, I wasn't even able to view her profile. I wonder if she's been removed altogether?! Too bad, because if what @Melanie468 described is true, this woman was obviously not fit to be a guest and seemingly has ruined her listing.