Bad experience with resolution centre and case manager (hosting in London)

Pauline588
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Bad experience with resolution centre and case manager (hosting in London)

I had experienced really really poor case manager support in resolution centre. 

Problem: Waited for 2 weeks, no one called me or replied in airbnb chat room. Case got closed by the manager without resolved.

I had hosted a guest 2 weeks ago, the guest Media had a party of more than 20 people at my flat, causing chaos and noise to the neighbourhood, and safety issues with smoking. Neighbours tried to stop the party but failed, in the end they called the police to come at 1AM mid-night.

They also caused huge damages to my flat.

I submitted a case in resolution centre, and chase every single day multiple times as it's super urgent with safety issue and police involved. But unfortunately there is no case manager contacting me by phone or chat in airbnb app. They said they work in different way from support team, it's not transparent system in such way, does not make sense.

Up to today, the case is still not resolved. I have been host for 3 years+ with airbnb, really really sad with airbnb this time. I am not sure if I will continue to host after this case, and I can see airbnb quality is reducing A LOT these months, don't recommend others to start hosting their homes.

**Personal information hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly for your own privacy

18 Replies 18

@Pauline588  If there was tangible, physical damage to the property and you were able to provide evidence/receipts, you may have a claim eventually resolved in your favor under the Host Guarantee. But as you saw in the article linked by @Colleen253  (which fails to mention that the security-deposit hold is not default), this coverage does not extend automatically to issues such as host fines or smoking. 

What kind of support/protection did you believe Airbnb would provide in incidents like this, apart from reimbursement? One thing you can be sure of is that they won't be assuming the duties of a property manager. If cameras are not an option for you, another tool used to prevent parties is smart sound level meters such as NoiseAware (google it), which you can install in key areas of the home and send your phone an alert if the decibel level exceeds a certain point. If you are nearby or have a co-host on call, this would give you a chance to catch a party or noise situation before it gets out of control. But you would still need to be physically on site to remove the group and secure the property - this is not a service AIrbnb could possibly offer hosts.

Same issue for me. 4-5 week wait time on "not as advertised" resolution center case 20224079

Lillian138
Level 1
Wesley Chapel, FL

The resolution center has been a nightmare for me too. Same like you, I called and emailed several times and each time I was told that they will forward my concern to a representative who can help me and closed the case.  Then finally a representative picked up the claim after calling saying it wasn't resolved. Even though one of the options is a replacement receipt, she is not accepting my replacement receipt saying she needs the original receipt. After providing pictures of the broken items,  I bought the items that were broken again and provided the replacement receipts for the exact same items.  Instead of accepting the replacement receipt as proof of the cost of the items, she wants to know the age of the original items so that she can depreciate the value even though I bought them brand  new last month. I started the claim in April and here we are in June and still going with the back and forth. She is also denying me sending the claim to a supervisor to take over even after asking several times.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh @Lillian138  what a nightmare

@Stephanie  is there anything your team could do to help with this?