Barcelona Hosting Tax

Barcelona Hosting Tax

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for those who reply. 

I am a new host in Spain. Myself and housemates live in an apartment and are renting out the spare room. 

Im unsure how and where to pay tax on the money received from renting out the room. Any advice would be great

Andy

3 Replies 3

I´m in the same boat as you, no one knows specifically where you go, and what you have to do. I live and work aboard but still have my apartment so impossible for me to personally find out. If you have any progress please let me know, i´ll do the same if I hear anything definitive.

Look at this recent article:

https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/06/barcelona-finds-a-way-to-control-its-airbnb-market/562187/

Sasha8
Level 5
Sosúa, DO

Hacienda officials said that airbnb should collect tax on renting rooms/apartments automatically (information is from end of May 2018).

Airbnb is currently making progress collecting tax info from hosts in Catalonia I believe for this and other resons.

Do any of you who specified your tax IDs have money collected?

Also as alternative in old ways the form Modulo 210 should be filled.

Correcting myself - in the end the tax agency just collects the infromation from rentals starting 2018 and further, but it is your obligation to declare and pay them (as IRNR via form 210 type of income 35).