Base Price Not Updating on Listing Preview

Anthea3
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Base Price Not Updating on Listing Preview

Hello. My base price is not updating on my listing, although I follow the proper steps. It is still set at a much lower rate than my unit currently gets. I am concerned that those seeing the listing will feel a little bit of bait and switch. It seems like a computer glitch. Has anyone else had this issue and how do I resolve?  Tech assistance please.

19 Replies 19
Howie-and-Jina0
Level 1
Charleston, SC

I'm having the same issue.  Feel like new bug in the software.  Cannot find any posting that help.

I have the same issue.  how the heck does a host contact someone at airbnb?  I don't see any options for live help here.

if anyone has figured this one out please post.

thanks!

Mary17
Level 2
St. Lucia, Saint Lucia

I too had problem contacting until I saw a recommendation from a host on this thread to contact them via Twitter.  It certainly works.  If you haven't got an account, create one.  You will get instant and very helpful advice.  

Ed-And-Terry0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

I am having the same problem. Earlier today my listing displayed my usual base price that has been constant for months. Suddenly, this evening the price shown in the listing is nearly $40 less than my base price. I have adjusted prices in the calendar, but cannot enter the correct base. Must be a bug.

Brad-and-Lisa0
Level 2
Penguin, Australia

I thought it was just me?! I'm now in discussion with a guest who's asking me why my rate has gone up $15 a night after they did their initial search.  I feel like I look like a cheat in our guests eyes and having to now justify why the increase?!  Come on Airbnb, how often do you do your updates??  100% agree with Anthea, tech assistance please!

Janis2
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

Tech help, get it together please...I am experiencing the same problem.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I have joined other conversations on this same issue.  I have the same problem.  Don't want to be accused of "bait and switch" marketing.  I think the problem is related to the roll out of the new pricing option.  I am hoping Air BNB will get the message.  I will also try to raise the issue during the webinars.

I have the same problem, any news?

Having the same problem.

Any useful suggestions?? 😕

If you tab it seems to like it and then update 🙂

You're awesome.  This has been driving me bonkers.  So far 'tabbing it' has worked.  Though not consistently.  I've had to play around and tab all the way to 'save changes' and hit enter.  I've had to tab off it and back on and hit enter.  Anyway, it's allowing me to make 'some' progress finally!

Tab? What does that mean?

Piyush0
Level 1
Redwood City, CA

I am having the same issue and I feel like I am loosing bookings because the preview price is almost double of what I am offering the property at - any thoughts anyone?

Frankie14
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi - I have similar issues but would also like to know the actual defination of "base price" and how this applies in reality ?